FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss GP2, A1, Rallying, Indycar, Nascar and all other racing series!
By Rivelution
I'm surprised no one has created a thread about it, so I guess I'll start it then. Anyways is anyone going to watch it? Its going to be on June 14-15.

Here are the times so far from both practice sessions, and Peugeot seem to be ahead. Qualifying will be on the 11th and 12th.

http://www.lemans.org/24heuresdumans/chronos/pdf/jt/_Mans18h.pdf

And here are the top 10 out of 55.

Pos/ N / Team/ Driver in Pit/ Best

1. 8 Team Peugeot Total / LAMY P. - 3:22.222
2. 9 Peugeot Sport Total / MONTAGNY F. - 3:26.641
3. 1 Audi Sport North America / BIELA F. - 3:26.678
4. 7 Team Peugeot Total / GENE M. - 3:27.248
5. 3 Audi Sport Team Joest / LUHR L. - 3:28.359
6. 17 Pescarolo Sport / PRIMAT H. - 3:33.939
7. 16 Pescarolo Sport / COLLARD E. - 3:35.443
8. 5 Team Oreca Matmut / AYARI S.- 3:36.264
9. 10 Charouz Racing System / MUCKE S. - 3:36.426
10. 2 Audi Sport North America / CAPELLO R. - 3:37.011

For LMP1 I will probably root for the Peugeot 908's, even though I absolutely love the Audi R10's (I want them to beat Audi so they can finally move to F1)

For GT1, I will obviously be rooting for the Corvette C6.R's since I'm American. I hope there is a good race between the Aston Martin DBR9's, and hopefully Nissan will race their new GTR next year so that there will be a good 3 way battle between the vette's, dbr9's, and GTR's.

For the GT2 class I will be rooting for the Flying Lizards!! They're based out of Sonoma, CA so I've always supported them in the ALMS and will continue for the 24 hours.
By Raider Monkz
My grandad loves it he watches it when it's on T.V He like's the Audi's and the DBR9's and I remember him saying that the Spyker's are looking good, I have never watched it before but I might just to see what it is like with all the different classes.
By texasmr2
I'll be watching as I have done for the last 25yr's when the work schedule does not interfere. Good thinging I dont have to actually work for a living anymore! :mrgreen:
By texasmr2
I'm glad another user will tune in :D Who are you rooting for tex?

Nobody really I just like the racing aspect.
By EwanM
The first Qualifying session is on right now, and so far Wurz has set the fastest time in the Peugeot.

Aint the Peugeots like 7sec quicker in qually atm? I no audi are focusing on the race set up.
Im gonna go for Audi cause of the underdog thing.

Gonna b gd, I hear the whole race is on Eurosport throughout Europe.
Gonna be great!
By Rivelution
The first Qualifying session is on right now, and so far Wurz has set the fastest time in the Peugeot.

Aint the Peugeots like 7sec quicker in qually atm? I no audi are focusing on the race set up.

Gonna be great!

Audi being the underdog?? You're funny, they've won 7 times at Le Mans since 2000!! Loosing only to the Bentley Speed7 in 2003 (The Bentley had an Audi R8 engine, so some still consider it an Audi win). Peugeot is the one thats the underdog, and it will be awesome if they beat Audi this year. Peugeot are faster this year, but beating Audi's reliability and pace during the race is not going to be an easy task. The 2nd Qualifying session is tommorrow, but its a 24 hour race and qualifying isnt that important as it is in F1.
By EwanM

Gonna be great!

Audi being the underdog?? You're funny, they've won 7 times at Le Mans since 2000!! Loosing only to the Bentley Speed7 in 2003 (The Bentley had an Audi R8 engine, so some still consider it an Audi win). Peugeot is the one thats the underdog, and it will be awesome if they beat Audi this year. Peugeot are faster this year, but beating Audi's reliability and pace during the race is not going to be an easy task. The 2nd Qualifying session is tommorrow, but its a 24 hour race and qualifying isnt that important as it is in F1.

na man audi is under dog
in the le mans enduranceseries
peugoet have won all races, dominating most of it.
By Rivelution
I still think Peugeot is the underdog. Has Audi North America been competing in the European le Mans series? Or is it only Audi team Joest? I think the best drivers drive for Audi North America i.e. Werner, Capello, Luhr, Pirro, Biela, and McNish.
By EwanM
I still think Peugeot is the underdog. Has Audi North America been competing in the European le Mans series? Or is it only Audi team Joest? I think the best drivers drive for Audi North America i.e. Werner, Capello, Luhr, Pirro, Biela, and McNish.

Yeah well i no for a fact Capello and Mcnish are in the LMES. I think its a differet team to that which runs the ALMS, but they join together for the actualy 24 hrs. On paper Peugoet are I guess but only on distance. I do think they are on for a win, which I kinda don't want, surprisingly :S
By cap-dude
I have no clue what will happen of course.
But I'll probaly watch as much of the race as I can on eurosport.

I'll probaly support the Peugeot of Wurz. Mainly because I know him from F1. I think Peugeot have to win this time around. Its been 7 damn long years. Its about time somebody bucked the trend.
By texasmr2
Yah I'm pulling for Peugeot also as I also like seeing the trend bucked. They alway's build such beautiful car's also.

See our F1 related articles too!