FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By darwin dali
Speculation this week suggested that the 76-year-old's visit to Valencia for the spectacular McLaren Mercedes launch, where 200,000 locals turned out to watch the team's racers in action on a street circuit, was a sign that Ecclestone is serious about granting Spain a second Grand Prix.

It is also suggested that parts of the temporary McLaren circuit matched a Valencia street layout devised by Hermann Tilke on a recent visit.

Ecclestone, who on the morning after the McLaren launch met with Valencia president Francisco Camps, told El Mundo Deportivo: "If we do something in Valencia, it will be on a street circuit."

Two races in Spain? C'mon! I'd rather see Kyalami or Buenos Aires or Moscow or India - anything but the land of the funky goatee!
By bud
Street circuits though YESSSSS they are very excite hi 5
By Irv the Swerve
I like to see the Argentina GP back, but i always like to see more street tracks.
By welshie
If we are going to have another street track, surely it should be in london?!
By darwin dali
Vegas would be cool.
By bud
If we are going to have another street track, surely it should be in london?!

New York would be better!
By darwin dali
Oh, I'd be all for NY :D
And what ever happened with Watkins Glen anyway?
By welshie
A night race in NY or hong kong would be amazing!!
By 7UpJordan
Jarama and Jerez are both tracks miles better than Catalunya. I'd like to see a return of the Mexican Grand Prix though with the fast Peralta corner which we all remember Mansell famously going round the outside of Berger in 1990. And also the TV picture was crap. :D
By R00DIT
jerez is amazing, it has my vote
By mstar
Jarama and Jerez are both tracks miles better than Catalunya. I'd like to see a return of the Mexican Grand Prix though with the fast Peralta corner which we all remember Mansell famously going round the outside of Berger in 1990. And also the TV picture was crap. :D

arrrhhh that was wonderful i remember how high i jumped when he did that.... nigel was ace :D
By egg
Jerez was a cool race, that was one of the best races I've ever been to, although street circuit's have to be the way forward, I'm torn between London and New York on my fantasy wish list!!!! Would it be worth losing Silverstone to have a London street race though? You can't have your cake and eat it as they say and all it would take is a change of heart in the capital and boom, British GP lost for ever.......

:oops:
jerez is amazing, it has my vote
By McLaren786
Vegas would be cool.

Are you sure anyone would turn up for the grand prix, or would they be gambling or picking up hookers.
By darwin dali
All of the above in that order :D

See our F1 related articles too!