FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Questions and answers about going to a race weekend
By tibby76
hi there forgive my ignorance.
me and my 2 mates will be travellin to silverstone for the 1st time :D this year and was wondering if you could give us some info. :?:
we'll be leavin our town in scotland and travellin down on the early hours off fri morn(think we'll be leavin about 5am) :( rough journey 5hours?
wot time does the friday practice session start at??
i noticed some1 was talking about a "kangaroo" :?:? wot is this??
any info wood be great
:D cheers
By racechick
Kangaroo is a hand held device that gives lap and sector times for all drvers and you can switch to on board camera with any driver too. Good if they're about to overtake! Practise time info will be on yout tickets. I wouldnt advise you to travel down without an official ticket-it will be a sell out and there are warnings about ticket touts.
By Martin
hi there forgive my ignorance.
me and my 2 mates will be travellin to silverstone for the 1st time :D this year and was wondering if you could give us some info. :?:
we'll be leavin our town in scotland and travellin down on the early hours off fri morn(think we'll be leavin about 5am) :( rough journey 5hours?
wot time does the friday practice session start at??
i noticed some1 was talking about a "kangaroo" :?:? wot is this??
any info wood be great
:D cheers

I see that Racechick has told you about Kangaroo. Journey time depends upon where you are in Scotland. I would guess about 5 hrs from Edinburgh.
Which out for the old Bill with their 'nickometers' making money out of speeding. They are very active on the approaches to Silverstone.
By Rob-F1
This year will be the 8th year in a row I shall be attending the British grand prix (no joke). I'm sitting at Bridge corner, which is the same place I sat in 2006.

I'm looking forward to a Ferrari 1,2. :D
By racechick
This year will be the 8th year in a row I shall be attending the British grand prix (no joke). I'm sitting at Bridge corner, which is the same place I sat in 2006.

I'm looking forward to a Ferrari 1,2. :D

Im at bridge corner to see a McLaren 1,2 :lol::lol::lol:
What seat number are you?
2006? You saw Lewis' GP2 drive then! I was at Bridge for that too :D:D
By Rob-F1
Thats just freaky. Where were you last year?

I actually missed the GP2 race that year thanks to my w***** of a father. I didn't arrive in the circuit till about 10.30, which resulted in me missing the best race of the weekend.

I don't know what my seat number is it, my tickets have not arrived yet.
By racechick
Similar place last year. Back row second block in from the bidge. Same place this year. My tickets arrived this weekend. Were you there last year? If so did you see the Spanish Guys dressed up as bull fighters?
You are right to be mad with your dad for missing tha race, it was fantastic-sorry :twisted:
By 7UpJordan
You still going to be bringing the Mad Max banner and the printed t-shirts racechick? ;)
By Rob-F1
Similar place last year. Back row second block in from the bidge. Same place this year. My tickets arrived this weekend. Were you there last year? If so did you see the Spanish Guys dressed up as bull fighters?
You are right to be mad with your dad for missing tha race, it was fantastic-sorry :twisted:

I was in Pit Straight A last year, the pictures are on my Bebo page. :wink:

And I know the race was fantastic... he has never seen me more angry I asure you. :P
By racechick
You still going to be bringing the Mad Max banner and the printed t-shirts racechick? ;)

Not done anything about it yet, thought Id see what happens tomorrow first before i decide what to write. Have to make the effort though!! Will go in pit straight for quali -opposite mcLaren garage :lol::lol:
By 7UpJordan
Can you definately sit wherever you like during practice and qualifying? Might go on pit straight too for qualifying, should be a good atmosphere when Lewis comes round and bags pole position. :)
By racechick
You can if you have a numbered seat not if you have general entry. You can go in any grandstand but have to go to your reserved seat on the Sunday. Do yo have a numbered seat?
By 7UpJordan
You can if you have a numbered seat not if you have general entry. You can go in any grandstand but have to go to your reserved seat on the Sunday. Do yo have a numbered seat?

I should do, I've got a Hangar Straight grandstand ticket this year, just waiting for it to turn up now. :)
By racechick

I should do, I've got a Hangar Straight grandstand ticket this year, just waiting for it to turn up now. :)

Cool, you'll be able to do it then! You can help me hold the banner! :lol::lol::lol:
By tibby76
thanks for gettin back and providin us with that info it was helpful.
i don't think thank we'll be worried about the old bill as were travelling down in a camper van that has a top speed o 60!!!
we've all got tickets as well cheers :D:D

See our F1 related articles too!