FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Questions and answers about going to a race weekend
By EwanM
Mine was the one when JPM won :lol::lol:
Actually my very favourite-edge of the seat great race was when Barrichelo won and JPM came second-2003

That was a race! Even that lunatic priest made it worthwhile. I did like 02 despite Ferrari dominating, didn't JPM grab pole then the rain came down half way through the race?

And was only 2 straight wins for DC Sam, I was looking at the Past GP victors of the British GP, there was alot of Brits in the 60s winning that's for sure :D
By Sam-KK24
I stand corrected. ;)

Well I think I'm going... trying to get some mates of mine to dig deep with me and take the trip down.... I think we will be camping to keep some money for merchandise :D Any ideas on pricing etc for camping?
By racechick
I stand corrected. ;)

Well I think I'm going... trying to get some mates of mine to dig deep with me and take the trip down.... I think we will be camping to keep some money for merchandise :D Any ideas on pricing etc for camping?

20 quid a person a night-thats the cheap field where i camp but its nearest the track, just a walk away back of Copse. Flashy campsites much more
By 7UpJordan
I stand corrected. ;)

20 quid a person a night-thats the cheap field where i camp but its nearest the track, just a walk away back of Copse. Flashy campsites much more

What's the campsite called? Are there any good pubs nearby? :)
By EwanM
I stand corrected. ;)

If this is the one I think it is here's the website
http://www.silverstone-camping.co.uk/

Im staying at Hamitonfields on the other end of the village. Kinda easier access for car and tht but still not too far away
By 7UpJordan
I stand corrected. ;)

Im staying at Hamitonfields on the other end of the village. Kinda easier access for car and tht but still not too far away

Looks good enough for me, whats' the best earliest time to turn up at the campsite as I want to get there on the Friday in good time for P1. :)
By EwanM
I stand corrected. ;)

Looks good enough for me, whats' the best earliest time to turn up at the campsite as I want to get there on the Friday in good time for P1. :)

Think as early as u can mate, as it's first come first served. The campsites are always cool tho. That silverstonecamping is right next to the main enterance and the fairground etc.
By racechick
The one I go to is called windmills, its at the back of copse and you can walk to the pubs. That one by the main entrance is usually full up by friday night(bit noisy too). I cant get before Fri night because of work. I havent go the details to hand because ive half moved house but i can get them if you like.
By EwanM
The one I go to is called windmills, its at the back of copse and you can walk to the pubs. That one by the main entrance is usually full up by friday night(bit noisy too). I cant get before Fri night because of work. I havent go the details to hand because ive half moved house but i can get them if you like.

Ah yeah, completely forgot about that one, yeah that is a good one, it is real noisey over at the other one, thats where everyone goes to as well lol
Good work !
By 7UpJordan
Silverstone website has some info on campsites. http://www.silverstone.co.uk/php/ci_acc ... sites.html If that one by the main entrance is rather noisy I'll give windmills a try instead.

I'll probably aim to get to Silverstone for 7 or 8am, park my car up, go to the circuit and set up my tent later in the day, just intime for donuts and a bacon, egg and sausage sarnie for breakfast. :D

Perhaps we should all trade mobile numbers as it gets nearer to the Silverstone weekend too. :)
By EwanM
Silverstone website has some info on campsites. http://www.silverstone.co.uk/php/ci_acc ... sites.html If that one by the main entrance is rather noisy I'll give windmills a try instead.

I'll probably aim to get to Silverstone for 7 or 8am, park my car up, go to the circuit and set up my tent later in the day, just intime for donuts and a bacon, egg and sausage sarnie for breakfast. :D

Perhaps we should all trade mobile numbers as it gets nearer to the Silverstone weekend too. :)

Yeah good idea. Im looking forward to this year. 60 years celebrations and all. I wonder who they'll get for the after show :P
By Sam-KK24
How are away is the nearest Train station?

I might look rather stupid :lol: me and whoever is coming with me are getting the train down with all our campstuff etc, should be great fun! :)
By racechick
:lol: No way i cud manage public transport with all my camping kit! And one of my mates brings his duvet!! Anyway you need to get the train to Northampton and from there probably the bus. there may be some special GP buses laid on otherwise it will have to be the local service. Id contact Northamton bus station (its near the train station) good luck, see you there. :D My tickets arrived yesterday :D:D:D
By 7UpJordan
Will they have those "Kangaroo" sets available again this year? I want to hire one for the weekend, because it's a lot harder to keep track of the race when you haven't got James Allen (talking gobshite), Martin Brundle and the on-screen graphics keeping you up to date on where everyone is in the race.
By racechick
Pretty sure they will. They were very successful last year. £50 the weekend. Good if a few of you share. There were 5 of us last year only 2 this year but stil worh it. Very good for timings for quali and when the pitstops start.

See our F1 related articles too!