FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By Stephen
Wow, what an incredible race!

I knew it was going to be something unique when I watched all the cars spill through the first corner, the Renaults and McLarens destroying the opposition. It was a disappointment to see JPM land up in the barriers once again, but to be fair to JV, Juan Pablo should have expected Jacques to maintain the racing line with him sat there in his huge blindspot!

Alonsos overtaking moves were impressive, and I'm pretty sure driving like that would be popular on late night 'Worlds Worst Police Videos'. His 130R stunt on Schumacher was idiotic, had the German failed to judge Alonsos intentions they would have surely landed up in a tyre barrier at 185mph. His second move on Webber was pure 'go-kart' championship stuff, if you want to drive like that (ie not on the track), perhaps take a straight line through the esses instead!

Anyway, enough ranting - Kimi was incredible. He drove a superb race and overtook, not just backmarkers like the 2005 Champion but, a Renault on the final lap from coming from 17th on the grid. He passed Alonso in the pitstops and cut down a 22 second lead to take the win. This is the stuff of legends, whether ITV-F1 agree with me or not - I wish James Allen would just get a room with his driver of the moment in future, rather than ruin coverage of such timeless sporting moments with his biased ballsh1t - you're nothing but a glory boy and I can't wait until Brundle lumps you one with his mic!

Well done Kimi - you now lead Alonso by a win in 2005 (who said F1 Championships were about winning), roll on China.
By Marco
Ah ha, another McLaren fan then! :p

Season ended differently to how I'd imagined. Couldn't believe how uncompetitive the McLarens were in China, but good to see Renault still pulling things from the hat.
By Stephen
Ah ha, another McLaren fan then! :p

Season ended differently to how I'd imagined. Couldn't believe how uncompetitive the McLarens were in China, but good to see Renault still pulling things from the hat.
No, not a McLaren fan...just a realist! ;)

I think McLaren just had the wrong setup in China, Renault somehow mastered theirs - like Kimi said, his car only came to him 40 laps into the race! At least McLaren can go home with the fastest lap under their belts. :roll:

See our F1 related articles too!