FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
With the launches coming soon, how about we speculate before the launches and then revisit after we've seen the cars in action during testing?

The brainiacs at Mercedes can't be ruled out from getting it spot on with maybe just a few minor tweaks necessary and their engine will enable them to smooth over the rest.
Red Bull have genius Newey, so that's their ace in the hole. Not sure the E10-averse Honda engine will live up to the challenge though.
Ferrari is my dark horse: they probably worked on their project the longest on a full-time basis and their engine seems improved. You never know...

Alpha Tauri could have an outside chance IF they take an alternative route to Red Bull, like as if Newey had two different philosophies for how to approach the new regs and Alpha Tauri was maybe the test bed for the more unconventional of the two - could be the winning one if it's good enough to overcome the Honda shortcomings.

What say you?
I expect it to be Mercedes and Red Bull again, I'm not sure about Ferrari, they often show promise but fail to deliver. Overall, my wish would be for the whole field to close up, maybe have 3 or 4 teams vying for regular wins.
An Italian journalist, IIRC, has said two teams look to have found something new - akin to Brawn's advantage with the double diffuser in 2009. I think from a technology point of view this year will be fascinating. Red Bull's car looked epic during the launch yesterday, although I suspect the final version will look very different when it eventually gets to the track...knowing Horner I can't imagine he would give much away in terms right now.
Stephen wrote: 10 Feb 22, 09:23 An Italian journalist, IIRC, has said two teams look to have found something new - akin to Brawn's advantage with the double diffuser in 2009. I think from a technology point of view this year will be fascinating. Red Bull's car looked epic during the launch yesterday, although I suspect the final version will look very different when it eventually gets to the track...knowing Horner I can't imagine he would give much away in terms right now.
Word is that we haven't seen anything from Red Bull yet - just a new paint job with a new sponsor on a mule car.
darwin dali wrote: 17 Feb 22, 22:11 The F1-75 looks darn cool. Question remains: does it perform as well as it looks?
I guess I'm answering my own question here with an emphatic YES!
Quite amazed by Ferrari (and therefore HAAS etc). One thing that did impress me though was Max Verstappen's closing speed when behind Leclerc - Ferrari either have less top end (could be gearing too?) or Red Bull have something special in terms of power/DRS.
By gdh
Love seeing Alonzo back on the podium again, hopefully AM will continue to develop and keep on the podium. Gumby should learn a lot from him. I’d love to see AM finish in 2nd for the constructor’s, very early days yet.

See our F1 related articles too!