FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By overboost

By myownalias
With Sochi being a Mercedes stronghold, Red Bull might as well swap out both Verstappen, and Perez' power units, take the hit, and probably finish in 3rd place with Verstappen behind the Mercedes duo.
By darwin dali
Or leave Checo in there trying to qualify near the front and make the Mercedes duo second guess their strategies while MV plows through the field?
By darwin dali
VB: "Every race is always different. There could be times that we need to play as a team and I need to take one for the team and how the situation is, yes, I would do it.

"We are here as a team and we need to make sure that we win both titles, not only the constructors' but also drivers', and at the moment Lewis has the greater chance for that."

No shi! sparky! I guess it's always been and continues to be Valtteri Bottom :twisted:
By overboost
By myownalias
Hamilton is only fourth in qualifying after twice crashing in the final session, I think the pressure is getting to the GOAT. Mr. Saturday, George Russell does it again, third on the grid, being the first driver to make the jump to slicks, Carlos Sainz second, and Lando Norris gets the first pole position of his F1 career, great stuff, between George and Lando, British motorsport is looking bright, and I'm really enjoying the McLaren resurgence this season.
By myownalias
darwin dali wrote: 25 Sep 21, 15:22 And Williams resurgence - nothing to sneeze at either.
Indeed, I've always had a soft spot for the most successful Garagistas.
By overboost
What was jackman thinking?
By darwin dali
myownalias wrote: 25 Sep 21, 20:55Image

This made me chuckle :hehe:
Did you see how hard the stewards came down on the pit entry wall for causing a collision?
By overboost
By myownalias
Gutted for Lando Norris, but his inexperience showed today, insisting on staying out on slicks, McLaren has to take some of the blame, they really should have insisted Lando come in for intermediates, as Mercedes did with Hamilton.

From a championship point of view, Verstappen finishing second to Hamilton is the best result he could have expected.

Another good race, although I think I would have preferred for it to stay dry to see if Lewis could have managed to pass Lando on the track. I'm really enjoying this season, multiple winners, and of course the title battle.
By overboost
Yep Lando was the author of his own failure. It would have been wonderful to see him win but he needs to leave these decisions to the team.

Maybe in another race not to far away he will get his chance.
By Angel
Felt saD for Lando after all the hard work. In race and quali. But he is star of future.
LEWIS have very messy quali but redeem things in race. Comes alive in second half. 100 wins. That’s quite a feet.

What Is Bottas doing? Is he working for Red Bull perhaps? He wave past Max.

Sainz have a good weekend too. Usually I think he a bit anonymous.

See our F1 related articles too!