FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By myownalias
Stephen wrote: 13 Sep 21, 19:23
darwin dali wrote: 13 Sep 21, 18:42 It's all political and $$$ driven.
And that’s why Toto wants the FIA to brick Verstappen up in his own home…sore loser.
Ironic if true, Hamilton's hero is Ayrton Senna, who was actively screwed by then FIA president, Jean-Marie Balestre, making decisions that disadvantaged the Brazillian, to benefit Alain Prost, Balestre's compatriot.
Hi All,

does anyone know if it is legal under FIA regulation to "absorb" one penalty into another? e.g. If Verstappen takes a new (4th) engine at Sochi he would be relegated to the back of the grid. That is one penalty. If he is able to "absorb" the 3 grid place penalty into that he would, effectively, be getting away with the penalty imposed for causing the crash with Hamilton. :confused:

That doesn't sound fair to me, I think that penalties should be served consecutively, not concurrently.

What say you?

Tony N
By myownalias
Hello Tony,

Yes, both penalties can be served at the same race. A few years back, I remember Mercedes changing Lewis Hamilton's whole power unit twice in the same weekend, to add extra power units to the pool, and he only served a single penalty.

I would say it's only unfair if applied unequally.
By darwin dali
I think they stopped that after that Machiavellian move by Mercedes and you can't do two engines anymore.

See our F1 related articles too!