FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By overboost
St.Fric, Ferrari will win when they deserve to.

But still, Hamilton not recognizing that the track was dry and deciding to start with rain tires was an amateur mistake.

Every other driver got it right by putting slick tires on for a dry track.

Lewis cost himself an easy,easy win with this mistake.
By St.Fric
overboost wrote: 03 Aug 21, 04:00 St.Fric, Ferrari will win when they deserve to.

But still, Hamilton not recognizing that the track was dry and deciding to start with rain tires was an amateur mistake.

Every other driver got it right by putting slick tires on for a dry track.

Lewis cost himself an easy,easy win with this mistake.
Maybe you are ignorant, maybe you are a bigot and that clouds your ability to see things clearly. Anyway it is funny to come hear your bending yourselin inside out to explain the hate. :wavey:

Hamilton Hamilton waits for the restart in the pits.
It’s definitely going to be drying quick.
Hamilton Yeah, copy Lewis.
Bonnington We can see everyone on inters currently.
Hamilton The field leaves the pits and rounds turn one.
It’s drying up real quick.
Bonnington Okay, copy.
Hamilton There’s a dry line into two already.
Hamilton Steering still heavily left-hand down.
Hamilton Dry through four.
Bonnington So this will be a standing start.
Hamilton It’s dry in five.
Hamilton The Safety Car lights have gone out, I can control the pace now yeah?
Bonnington Yeah copy. It is a standing start, standing start.
Hamilton So I don’t have to worry about this left-hand down, right?
Bonnington No we don’t think so. Checked it all out, it was good.
Bonnington So it’s a standing start.
Hamilton Hamilton rounds the final corner.
Loads of people coming into the pit lane already.
Bonnington Yeah, Roger, we think this is the right one.
Hamilton Hamilton begins the first lap after the restart.
It’s dry.
Bonnington Yeah copy Lewis so box, box.
Bonnington Menu wet position one. Menu wet position one.
Bonnington Hamilton changes to slicks and leaves the pits.
So just be careful at exit. So we’ve got a bit of a job on our hands now.
Hamilton Am I last?
Bonnington Yeah affirm, Lewis. The whole field pitted.
Bonnington Go HPP3 position two, three position two.
Hamilton How far ahead are they, man?
Bonnington Six seconds to Giovinazzi.

https://www.racefans.net/2021/08/02/why ... ry-chance/
By overboost
Wow thanks for the info which confirms my previous observations.

Hamilton put himself in 14th place while completely knowing the track was dry and that his tires were the wrong tires.

Every other driver got it right!! Bonnington even told Hamilton that he messed up!

What a 'howler' indeed by Hamilton.
By myownalias
Did this radio conversation go on during Hamilton's formation lap?

If so, surely, Mercedes are in breach of the rules, as I kept on hearing commentators saying that the driver can speak to the team during the formation lap, but the team is not allowed to respond, except for safety messages.
By Angel
What is this? You people all so desperate to get something on LEWIS. Why is the hate on him?
Toto say would do same decision again. Always difficult for first driver, rest just all followed in. All team agreed on the decision. And yes was wrong decision ultimately. But it gives us all exciting spectacle of race for first place and Lewis magnificent drive through field on hard overtake track. Was exciting race, but all has to be digging at LEWIS, that’s what drives you.
Now you suggest Bottas crash deliberate. So silly.

Back on that quali lap. I tell you many times was one of LEWIS’ faster laps. Was in line speed with all other drivers.why no comment on them? LEWIS 3 car lengths from Bottas. What you want? Lewis drive into Bottas to help driver behind?
Lewis say it best. He know how to prepare his tyres, not moaning people. If they could do it they’d be in car not on keyboard.
He prepare his car he not need games.

All teams talk to drivers I saw, so must be the rule. I’m not sure.

Be nice if one time you people don’t spend all time doing hate on LEWIS.
By overboost
Angel,

Hamilton made a mistake that cost himself an easy win. It is not hate to talk about this.

And yes it did make the race exciting.

This Bottas crashing deliberately suggestion, where was this mentioned? I doubt that Bottas would crash deliberately.
By myownalias
overboost wrote: 04 Aug 21, 12:56This Bottas crashing deliberately suggestion, where was this mentioned? I doubt that Bottas would crash deliberately.
I'm assuming this comes from my conspiracy time comment on page 1, which of course is tongue n' cheek, I don't think it was deliberate, more like brain fade, just like Stroll moments later.

Angel, in regard to Hamilton in qualifying, I fully acknowledge he did not break any rules, however, I do believe that it was a deliberate attempt to disadvantage Verstappen and Perez, even compromising himself, knowing he already had set the fastest time, this is my opinion. I would be calling out Verstappen, or any other driver for such 'gamesmanship'.

See our F1 related articles too!