FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By Angel
I think you make very fair assessment of the incident. Was racing incident and in first lap. Punish this and you kill the sport.
Also shows Max not think well of championship. He wants win battle but forgets about war. Better for him to not chop over but drop back then take LEWIS on straight, or even settle second, still he then leads by lots. Not wise enough yet.

Felt a little sorry for Leclerc after race so hard but LEWIS was on mission and was Silverstone.

Very exciting race.
By overboost
It wasn't a racing incident, it was intentional on the part of Hamilton.

Yes the penalty was stupid, it should have been at least a 10 second stop and go.

Promoting this kind of 'racing' with weak penalties is dangerous. We can now anticipate a retaliation by Red Bull.

This is supposed to be a top tier sport with top tier drivers. Any bush league driver can make a pass this way, no skill involved at all. No place in a top tier racing formula for driving like that.
By John Doe
He has always been the goat. Do you think he would loose his being GOAT for loosing some races? Or even if he doesn't win any after this week? For him to loose the title, first you need to find someone who has wins, championships with more than he has. Do you know one in history? I don't.

And yes overboost is racist. That is a fact he doesn't hide.

As per me not visiting here for some weeks, yes I was demotivated and didn't visit. Is that a problem? And mind you this is my last visit here. I am sick of racists and LH haters.
By myownalias
John Doe wrote: 19 Jul 21, 14:52 He has always been the goat. Do you think he would loose his being GOAT for loosing some races? Or even if he doesn't win any after this week? For him to loose the title, first you need to find someone who has wins, championships with more than he has. Do you know one in history? I don't.
When it comes to F1, statistics are only half of the story, for example, there are a lot more opportunities to amass race wins, due to there being many more races per season, and generally, a seven-year run of having the best car on the grid is highly unusual, usually the team with the best car fluctuates much more than this. Who knows, if it were not for the untimely death of Ayrton Senna, Lewis could be behind the Brazilian driver in stats.
John Doe wrote: 19 Jul 21, 14:52And yes overboost is racist. That is a fact he doesn't hide.
Overboost certainly does not like Hamilton, this is clear, as for his motives, he has not been overtly racist.
John Doe wrote: 19 Jul 21, 14:52As per me not visiting here for some weeks, yes I was demotivated and didn't visit. Is that a problem? And mind you this is my last visit here. I am sick of racists and LH haters.
That's your choice, I remember when this very forum for full of LH fans, who were Jenson Button haters, during their time together at McLaren, but that is the nature of the Internet, unless you unplug, you are always going to see racism wherever you look, that was proven by the recent football/soccer racism issues, and I'm just reading about the online racism targeted at Lewis after the British Grand Prix. Anyway, I wish you the best in your post Forumula 1 travels.
By myownalias
overboost wrote: 19 Jul 21, 02:13 It wasn't a racing incident, it was intentional on the part of Hamilton.
I think you're stretching to get to intentional, the FIA state the facts, and apportion blame according to regulations. In the heat of battle, drivers make mistakes, both drivers, in my opinion, had the opportunity to avoid that collision, both drivers kept their foot in, Hamilton could have stayed tighter, Verstappen could have waited before he cut across the front of Hamilton. We have seen this type of incident time and time again in the past with no penalty.

See our F1 related articles too!