No votes
0%
Tsunoda
No votes
0%
Other
No votes
0%
Who was the best driver at the British Grand Prix?
Last edited by overboost on 19 Jul 21, 01:13, edited 1 time in total.
LH of course with no doubt. Even with the unfair 10 seconds penalty, that he didn't deserve at all, he could come and pass Leclerc from over 13 seconds difference (which 10 of it was gifted by stewards). A ferrari that can't keep in 13 seconds in 15 laps with more fresh tires should be a shame but might be acceptable for a class B (I suspect LH could come and pass if it were a McLaren).
I'm going to give it to Charles Leclerc, solid performance in a car that is nowhere near the podium on most occasions in 2021, I knew that Hamilton was coming and likely to pass, but I hoped for a more robust defense, which I guess was futile, for Leclerc to fight too hard, the win was not worth contact and potentially losing a podium finish.
Leclerc is the choice for me as well. Solid clean drive.
The stewards penalized Hamilton for going off the racing line with no attempt made at the apex of turn 9, with room available to the inside. It was an intentional contact.

Sorry to bring reality into this.

However the penalty was desperately inadequate.

overboost wrote: 19 Jul 21, 01:19 The stewards penalized Hamilton for going off the racing line with no attempt made at the apex of turn 9, with room available to the inside. It was an intentional contact.

Sorry to bring reality into this.

However the penalty was desperately inadequate.

Racists :( LH was on his line and on side. It was MV who squeezed giving no space and caused the contact. You may watch the old races, there had been many incidences like that and didn't warrant an investigation. But of course the difference is that, the drivers were not from Mercedes nor black.
LEWIS keep his line, Max he cut across. Both have chance to lift the foot, both leave in the foot. Twice this year LEWIS gives to Max, this time he fight back. This is a race not a Sunday drive! Was a racing incident and was also first lap. Stewards punish because Max goes out. This is not how rules should be applied.
Perhaps you don’t know guidance to stewards, it say this...

What do the rules say?

Mercedes boss Toto Wolff made reference after the race to the stewards' overtaking guidelines, which he said allowed Hamilton to make the move.

These are not distributed publicly, but they have been seen by BBC Sport. They contain images of two cars on entry to a corner, and illustrate when a driver trying to pass has the right to claim it.

They state that if the driver on the inside has "a significant overlap" then "the corner is yours provided you make the corner cleanly". In the image in this illustration, the overtaking car is not even as far alongside as Hamilton was as they turned into Copse on Sunday.

And ALONSO, he say this...

And Fernando Alonso, a two-time world champion, who has passed people around the outside of Copse a number of times in his career - including in the sprint race on Saturday - said: "Lewis had more than half a car alongside Max, so in a way Lewis could not disappear from that inside line. You can't vanish. So it was an unfortunate moment but nothing intentional and nothing that any of the two drivers did wrong."

And Charles Leclerc, who follow and see it all...

Ferrari's Charles Leclerc was right behind the collision and inherited the lead after it, and lost what would have been his first victory of the year when Hamilton passed him for the win with two laps to go. He said: "It is a racing incident. It is quite difficult to put the blame on one or the other.

But perhaps you know better than these people who were actually in the race and make the moves like that?

Clear it is that you dislike Hamilton for some reason and are unable to make fair comment on anything he does. I see this with you a lot. Why you don’t like him? Or least of all acknowledge his skill?
Yes. It would be good for Lewis apologizes to Max. Before this escalates in the coming races.
Lewis was on a line alright but not one that would get him around the corner. Add to that no avoidance taken and it adds up to one thing. Not an accident.

Max however did correct his steering giving Hamilton space. It is all his car video.
Apologise? 😂😂😂
You blinded by hatred. LEWIS has no thing to apologise for. You clearly don’t read what I written and what the drivers say. I won’t bother write things again. You just want argue bad for LEWIS whatever.

Racing Incident
Sorry to bring reality to this.
Sorry but respectfully it was not a racing incident. Hamilton was at fault for causing a collision.

And he was penalized, a slap on the wrist but a penalty none the less.

He should start by reaching out to Max and saying he messed up and he is sorry. A tit for tat on track settling of scores is too dangerous.

Oh here is a quote from Lewis in 2018:

"Ultimately, if you ruin someone's race because of a mistake, and you're able to come back to a place ahead of the other person, that penalty doesn't outweigh your mistake. You shouldn't be able to finish ahead of the other person if you take them out of the race. It's like you're violating the speed, but (they) just let you go."

See our F1 related articles too!