FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By overboost
By darwin dali
Yup, quite interested as well. And we get to see wreaths again :drunkparty:
Now, let's get the grid girls and boys back, too :headbang:
By overboost
The Brit GP will also this year have "Lando Mania" as it has been called.

Also here is McLaren's poster for this race. No Ricciardo and the supporting cast of drivers from past Brit GP glory is quite puzzling.

By overboost
By myownalias
I like the sprint session, it's not a race, apparently. I like the flat out nature, no fuel saving, exciting first lap, especially with Max getting the jump on Lewis, and what a first lap from Fernando. Of course, there's the double jeopardy factor, which Sergio fell foul of, now starting from the back for the race.
By darwin dali
myownalias wrote: 17 Jul 21, 19:18 Of course, there's the double jeopardy factor, which Sergio fell foul of, now starting from the back for the race.
Which is fine by me - not necessarily for Checo, but I mean in general: it could make for some exciting action in the main race.
By overboost
The sprint race brought back a glimmer of the refueling age when it was flat out racing all the time with fresh tires and low fuel.

These days all we have is a series which the champion is the driver who can drive the car the slowest to a victory, tire conservation and high fuel have created an era of conservative 'racing'.
By John Doe
A sad start by MV. He didn't want to be passed on the first lap and was crazy ambitious about it, couldn't kept his calmness and tried to block LH more than once, causing a collision at the end that ended his own race. LH was clearly on side of him and MV should give him space. He is young and learning.
By John Doe
And yet another great win by the greatest of all times! Despite the stewards' ridiculous 10 seconds penalty for a collision caused by MV, LH still managed to finish at top. Well done Lewis.
By overboost
Toto has said that Max would DNF this race all week and the commentators have suggested that Bottas do it all weekend. Hamilton was literally two meters off the racing line when he took out Max and immediately began lying about it. So Mercedes literally said they were going to take him out and DID IT on lap one. The hit was horrible and apparently fans got showered with debris. I wonder how Drive to Survive will portray it.

Always remember poor Davey Ryan.
By overboost
John Doe wrote: 18 Jul 21, 16:07 And yet another great win by the greatest of all times! Despite the stewards' ridiculous 10 seconds penalty for a collision caused by MV, LH still managed to finish at top. Well done Lewis.
I don't think the HAM/VER crash was accidental and the 10 second penalty was BS. Lewis is fast by himself and with DRS he can pass but does anyone remember when he has made an amazing pass because he is such a great driver? Nope, me neither.
By John Doe
Of course we all remember many amazing passes he has made because he is a great driver starting in karting, and then in F2 and F1. Racists will never remember though.

Ham\Ver crash was not accidental, you are right, as I said it was caused by MV. Probably he thought he could go away with it but couldn't. He deliberately squeezed LH there but it was too late for LH to let him go. Just be objective once without thinking it is LH, and think what you would think if you were in LH's car and someone squeezed you in highway giving no space like that. LH was explicitly on side and was about to pass before that dirty move. Stewards suck just like you LH haters.
By overboost
And who cares what you say!

The stewards and Jenson Button and Damon Hill put the blame squarely on the desperate Hamilton.

It was a dirty move.
By myownalias
It was a racing incident, it's was a first-lap battle and unfortunately for Max, he ended up in the tire barrier. The penalty was stupid, I have said this many times, if drivers are penalized for defending their position, F1 is no longer racing.

Lewis could have kept tighter to the apex, Max could have given more space before chopping across the front of Lewis, it was 50/50, and I don't believe for a second that either Hamilton or Verstappen came into contact deliberately, it could have easily ended both drivers races, as quite often, in these situations, both cars end up in the gravel trap.

OK, so moving on from the first lap incident, I was hoping the Leclerc could have made the battle for the win a little more exciting, but he didn't have the car underneath him to fight off Hamilton's charge, it would have been nice to see Ferrari take a win in 2021, we have gone far too long without a Ferrari driver on the top step of the podium.

The future looks bright for British drivers, with Lando Norris finishing in fourth place, and although George Russell didn't perform in the race, mainly due to a lackluster Williams, to qualify in 7th for the sprint, is excellent, I would love to see George up against Lewis in the Mercedes during the 2022 season, someone to challenge Lewis in an inter-team battle.

John Doe, where have you been over the past 6 weeks? you have not been posting on the forum, bigging up Hamilton while he has come off second best to Verstappen, is Hamilton only the GOAT when he wins? You make claims about Overboost, and other members being racist, while you yourself come here to try to antagonize when Hamilton wins.

See our F1 related articles too!