FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By overboost

Last edited by overboost on 08 May 21, 17:17, edited 1 time in total.
By overboost
Merc's 1/2 again. Rather depressing to see the Merc cars continue their boring domination.

By overboost
Merc on pole again, even after having to lift due to Perez. So much more time in that car.

By Angel
CONGRATULATIONS Sir Lewis Hamilton on 100 poles, this man go from strength to strength. Having another driver that is fast lift his game even higher. I hear Max on the radio in practice 3 say “unbelievable this guy in the final sector.”

Oh, he didn’t have to lift for Perez spin, he just miss yellow flags, which was lucky because all cars go slower on next run.
Interesting see what happens now in race with Red bull fastest car, Max will be right in place, but this track hard to overtake.
By John Doe
Max is a good driver but he is unlucky to have the GOAT as the opponent. Another great win from Sir Lewis Hamilton.

During race I guessed he would overtake in lap 59 but Bottas caused an unnecessary time loss on the way.
By St.Fric

Fantastic race great strategy call from Mercdes. Red Bull is a fast car but it is not easy to the tires or Verstappen needs Sergio to drive the 2nd half of the race.

Bottas showing some fight against Sir Lewis Hamilton, I think it is Russell seat in 2022!

Fantastic from Leclerc today, he will be the only reason if Ferrari come in 3rd in the WDC! Disapoinment for Alpine today I was hoping for more.
By overboost
By myownalias
Red Bull was beaten on strategy today, the early second stop from Mercedes was the difference-maker, Lewis' pace on the medium tire was astonishing, taking 1 second+ out of Verstappen per lap. The Red Bull had the pace on the soft tire, as proven by Max's fastest lap, but not on the mediums. Maybe if Red Bull responded to Hamilton's second stop the next lap, there might have been a chance, keeping him out made him a sitting duck.

I don't think that Max is particularly hard on tires, when Lewis finally passed, Max's tires were almost half the age of Lewis's and approaching the end of their life. Red Bull really needs to get into the development race, or Mercedes will run away with it.

It's nice to see Ferrari joining the party at the sharp end of the grid with Leclerc, and Perez was disappointing, looks like Sergio is the Valtteri of the Red Bull team, nowhere need the team leader. Oh well, onto the next race, Monaco will be interesting as it's not a power circuit.
By Angel
Turned out an exciting race, unexpected. LEWIS wise to lift when Max made aggressive move at start ( no criticism I have of Max, was good fighting move) Then with good strategy and racing from LEWIS like qualifying laps, the race comes back.
This season so good through the field.
Nice to see Ferrari do better, Leclerc very good, catches Bottas doing a nap, I think Bottas do a lot of naps! Also he goes for me from boring to irritating. Stupid to hold up Lewis on different strategy.
Ricciardo better today, maybe he settles in now.
Marzipan I think should leave soon.
Perez I didn’t know was poorly in qualifying , I mean he’s ill, why he’s not so far up, race he is better.

See our F1 related articles too!