FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By overboost

By overboost
By myownalias
I'm back from the wilderness; giving F1 another try, hoping that Red Bull and McLaren can challenge Mercedes in 2021, based upon what we saw in testing, which of course, we always take with a large pinch of salt. Let's see what Bahrain offers us in 2021!
By overboost
Welcome back!

Verstappen fastest in FP2.

Maybe Red Bull can do something this year. Honda's last hurrah.
By overboost
By overboost
Turns out the Merc's are fast after all.

But Verstappen pulls out a last gasp lap to take pole.

It may be a good race if Ver stays out of trouble on the first lap.

By myownalias
For the first time in many years, I feel a little tingle of excitement for a race. That said, 0.4 seconds is a big gap in qualifying; I just hope it has not just swapped around with Red Bull dominating the sport. If we can get Ferrari in the mix as well, we could have a truly exciting season ahead. But, for now, I am keeping my expectations in check.
By overboost
A birthday cake for David Coulthard's 50th birthday.

Well delivered.

By myownalias
Hamilton may have won the race, so on paper, it looks like normal service has been resumed, but when was the last time there was a sub 1 second gap at the chequered flag between two different drivers. I'm hopeful for the 2021 F1 season, dare I say, I feel a little excited by the prospect of F1 2021.

I really enjoyed this race, some great midfield racing, and an actual battle for the lead.
By John Doe
myownalias wrote: 28 Mar 21, 16:52 Hamilton may have won the race, so on paper, it looks like normal service has been resumed, but when was the last time there was a sub 1 second gap at the chequered flag between two different drivers. I'm hopeful for the 2021 F1 season, dare I say, I feel a little excited by the prospect of F1 2021.

I really enjoyed this race, some great midfield racing, and an actual battle for the lead.
"On paper" ???? What does that mean. You are day dreaming he did it only on paper.
By myownalias
John Doe wrote: 28 Mar 21, 16:55
myownalias wrote: 28 Mar 21, 16:52 Hamilton may have won the race, so on paper, it looks like normal service has been resumed, but when was the last time there was a sub 1 second gap at the chequered flag between two different drivers. I'm hopeful for the 2021 F1 season, dare I say, I feel a little excited by the prospect of F1 2021.

"On paper" ???? What does that mean. You are day dreaming he did it only on paper.
Yes, on paper; it's another win for Mercedes and Hamilton, but that does not tell the story of the race. I'm not claiming that Hamilton did not deserve the win, but he and Mercedes had to work for it, it was no walk in the park.
John Doe wrote: 28 Mar 21, 16:54 Yet another win from the GOAT LH.
Maybe the greatest of his generation, but saying he is the GOAT is stretching it, IMO!
By Angel
OH so good was that race. All things good. So close racing all through and LEWIS had to work hard to win. I like it best when LEWIS has to work and not just easy. When chips come down LEWIS can pull it out. Very happy LEWIS has worthy competitor in Max in fast car as his or more. This season will be so good. Those too leave others all behind.

Perez did very good, he’s a favourite also. And the new Japanese one I’m liking.
Vettel continues to be stupid, never like that driver, not skilled man.
Marzipan is new fool on the track.
Races this year to be exciting.
Oh and Lando does well also Leclerc.
By overboost
Strategy error gave this race to Mercedes. Keeping Verstappen out after Lewis pitted cost Max 8+ seconds.

Still close down to the wire today.

Hopefully Red Bull will be competitive in the coming races. Perez needs to step up and be able to take points away from the Mercs and to double team Hamilton.

See our F1 related articles too!