Russell
25%
Norris
No votes
0%
Other
No votes
0%
Vote for the star performer of the race from the list provided!

Please feel free to explain your choice. :thumbup:
Gave it to SP for his first win and overall season performance and yet no seat secured for 2021.
BUT:
George also deserved it. Sure, he was a great stand-in for LH and all. But I'd give him star performer for different reasons:
1) He confirmed and clearly showed how average an F1 driver VB is and that the car is flattering him, and by virtue of that, how relatively easy LH has it at Merc (he doesn't need to be great to simply beat VB).
2) He confirmed and clearly showed that almost anybody put in the Merc can win races and become world champion (well, apparently except VB). George would have won the race with time in hand had it not been for the Merc kerfuffle and could have still won after that had it not been for the dream-result-bursting slow puncture after that.
I also would like to chose these two drivers. Gutted for Russell and very delighted for Perez. These two should next year be in the Mercedes and the red bull.
Lewis I think is happy this is the one he missed with the pit stop all messed up. And I think he’s proved in many other times and with different partners that he is great driver. Valteri he seems to be going worse. And the pressure gets worse and then the driving more worse. I remember at WILLIAMS he was good driver and for that was picked .
Leclerc he needs to iron away the little mistakes.
Perez gets my vote for his first, and well deserved, victory which was achieved by coming all the way from last place to first. An excellent drive.

Russell would be second pick for getting into that new to him Mercedes car and with less than 3 hours running time under his belt being in a winning position except for a team error. It also proves how that car is a championship winning machine for almost any driver.

Also Ocon deserves mention for a great P2 effort.
GR had about 3 hours in the GOAT prior to qually.

The car converted him from also ran, back marker to a phenomenon overnight.
He did drive very well. And he is a good young driver.

Too well though. I had expected that George would be missing some part of the ingredients needed to beat his experienced teammate and get the Merc to a win (which he was headed for), something that Hamilton brought to the table that was special.

But it was the car that was special. All it needs is a half decent driver. To win. In my opinion of course.

See our F1 related articles too!