FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By sagi58
Thoughts and prayers to his family, friends, colleagues and employees.
It sounds as though he was a real motivator and a hands-on kinda guy!

Riposa in pace, Sergio!
By overboost
Vettel and Raikkonen exchange helmets.

By darwin dali
Hm, Vettel gone next year - where will he go? Retire at 32? And who's going to take his seat? Longterm or just for a year?
So many questions - I guess that's what we have in lieu of actual racing...
By overboost
Brundle thinks it's Sainz to Ferrari, RIC to McLaren, and Alonso or Vettel to Renault.
By darwin dali
overboost wrote: 13 May 20, 03:41 Brundle thinks it's Sainz to Ferrari, RIC to McLaren, and Alonso or Vettel to Renault.
So far 2 for 3.
I think if SV doesn't get VB's seat at Merc, he'll retire. FA at Renault again? Dééééjàààà vuuuuuuu!
By overboost
By darwin dali
ESPNF1: Vettel 'surprised' by Ferrari decision, says he was not offered new deal

Sebastian Vettel has revealed that Ferrari did not offer him a contract for 2021 and says he was "surprised" when team principal Mattia Binotto phoned him to tell him he would not be driving for Ferrari next year.

Vettel, a four-time world champion, has been at Ferrari since 2015 but has failed to achieve his dream of winning a championship in red.

At the launch of this year's car in February, Binotto said Vettel was the team's No. 1 choice to partner with recently re-signed Charles Leclerc next year, but by May Ferrari had announced Vettel would not continue at the team beyond 2020. Binotto later said that he discussed the situation with Vettel and came to the conclusion that they no longer "shared the same short- or long-term goals."

However, ahead of the first race of the season this weekend in Austria, Vettel revealed that no contract negotiations had taken place and that he was not aware of any issues with the team before he got the phone call from Binotto.

"There was no sticking point," he said "It was obviously a surprise to me when I got the call from Mattia when he told me that there was no further intention for the team to continue. We never got into any discussions, there was never an offer on the table and therefore there was no sticking point."

Cold... :wavey:

See our F1 related articles too!