FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
^Should we agree with your opinion or should we agree with the opinions of Daniel Ricciardo, Nigel Mansell, Jenson Button, Martin Brundel, Karun Chandhok, Mario Andretti, etc etc, all of whom are F1 drivers and all in agreement on the lack of a safety issue and that the penalty was a blatant mistake?

I think we will go with the F1 racers on this one.

Add Damon Hill to the list.

Not NR though... :rolleyes:

He's still affiliated with Mercedes, so what else could he say/do?
^Should we agree with your opinion or should we agree with the opinions of Daniel Ricciardo, Nigel Mansell, Jenson Button, Martin Brundel, Karun Chandhok, Mario Andretti, etc etc, all of whom are F1 drivers and all in agreement on the lack of a safety issue and that the penalty was a blatant mistake?

I think we will go with the F1 racers on this one.

Add Damon Hill to the list.

Not NR though... :rolleyes:

Yes NR, still alot of Merc blood running in his veins. And I have always suspected that he is still collecting a salary from the german team.

Also add Alexander Wurz, President of the driver's association GPDA, to the list.

https://www.motorsport-magazin.com/form ... w-analyse/
This will make you all laugh. They had Hamilton and Merc dead to rights with an instant DQ but the FIA scrutineers showed that they had a heart and let them go without even a warning. Nice guys.

Tobi Grüner

Verified account

@tgruener
Follow Follow @tgruener
More
Post race scrutineering showed Mercedes hydraulics was not 100% identical with version that had been replaced in Hamiltons car before the race. But FIA couldn't prove it was working differently and cleared Mercedes.

https://twitter.com/tgruener/status/1138341923394113537

Mercedes AMG F1 International Assistance = MAFIA
Last edited by overboost on 11 Jun 19, 23:34, edited 1 time in total.
This will make you all laugh. They had Hamilton and Merc dead to rights but the FIA scrutineers showed that they had a heart and let them go without even a warning. Nice guys.

Tobi Grüner

Verified account

@tgruener
Follow Follow @tgruener
More
Post race scrutineering showed Mercedes hydraulics was not 100% identical with version that had been replaced in Hamiltons car before the race. But FIA couldn't prove it was working differently and cleared Mercedes.

https://twitter.com/tgruener/status/1138341923394113537

What could they ever do? Give him a penalty? Disqualify him?
Oh, woe is me, whatever would they do?

((sarcasm off....))
to Sagi58

I didn't suggest that Vettel give the place back AND get a 5 second penalty. No time penalty if he gives the place back.
Just like they do at Monaco.

The Ferarri had a straight line speed advantage worth 5 - 10 KPH plus the DRS adds about 20 KPH. Vettel was faster through the hairpin and I think he would have blown by Hamilton and won the race.....just my opinion.

Action
to Sagi58

I didn't suggest that Vettel give the place back AND get a 5 second penalty. No time penalty if he gives the place back.
Just like they do at Monaco.
Action

Hiya... I didn't think you meant that and I apologize if I wasn't clear.
I'm just getting tired of the ways the stewards seem to find to gift
Hamilton the opportunity to rip apart all of Schumi's records.
This is a totally fabricated/manipulative/immoral M.O. and it's just
becoming more and more evident what their end game is.
Man you guys sour grapes. Everybody wanted the battle and everybody would be okay with Vettel winning but Vettel found a way to loose it. Then goes on a very immature embarrassing temper tamtrm that he does every now and then. Hes a 4 time champion he does not need to act like a baby. He made a mistake and the rules a clear. He got a penalty. But when it happens to him he's not so clear but he was clear here in this interviwe. Watch this video from last year in Japan. Same exact thing same 5 second penalty and its Vettel saying Verstapen came back into the track unsafe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9shj1rtGjg
Last edited by St.Fric on 13 Jun 19, 00:35, edited 2 times in total.
What was the temper tantrum part?
I hope it wasn't the part where Vettel changed the signs and the crowd roared in approval. Or the part when he told Lewis to ask the crowd what they thought of the penalty and the crowd booed hysterically. I rather enjoyed those parts.
When I've made a mistake, run wide, missed a braking point, or even just lost the tail end and scrubbed a bit of speed, in our class, (SCCA Spec Racer Ford U.S.A.), you usually pay for it by losing positions.

Vettel made a mistake. He short cut the course and came back on track in an unsafe manner. I don't care how many big names talk with bravado and say there should be no consequence. Truth is they would whining like a baby with a wet diaper, (Nappy), if they were in Hamilton's place and Vettel didn't get some sort of penalty. Every last one of them.

Action
:yikes:
Penalty for what? I fail to see anything particulary unsafe in Vettel skidding off track then skidding back on track, certainly nothing malicious on Vettels part, it was just normal racing. Hamilton tried to pass but had to use his brakes when the gap closed. There was no contact and Vettel managed somehow in his recovery to leave space for Hamilton. Not seeing a penalty in this unless you are thinking that drivers should be penalized for making a mistake?

My thinking is along the lines of the long list of racers who commented on this including Andretti, Button, Villeneuve, and even the safety minded head of the GPDA, Wurz. Let them race.

See our F1 related articles too!