FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By overboost

https://twitter.com/tgruener/status/1135505334691409925

Binotto quote in the Ferrari Montreal preview: "We know we’re not competitive enough right now and, for the time being we haven’t got any more changes coming on the car that will have a significant effect on the problems we have encountered since the start of the season."
By gdh
So we surrender? Time to move the team to be next door to Team Mercedes? Maybe some of their discipline, single mindedness to be the best etc. will rub off on this dysfunctional team. Toto had it right when LH was contemplating a move to Ferrari essentially asking him if being on a historic team was more important to him than winning.
New Paddock at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve:

Hamilton tags wall and misses the rest of FP2:

Stupid Vettel, trying to find excuse for his own deliberate move. Hamilton, obviously, would have passed him on the track if he didn't cut the track and jumped in front of him.
Yet another stupidity from Vettel the baby. What a childish act to change the winner label :) Poor kid. He would be 3rd if team orders didn't slow down Leclerc. Be happy with that.
By gdh
Decent race for a change, I don’t agree with the stewards ruling but did think that LH would have passed him later on anyway.

Hoping that there are more decent to good races to come this season. Come on Bottas give LH a run for the championship. SV said it about this yr when he said that he’s no longer racing for the championship just for some wins.
Mario Andretti on Twitter: "I think the function of the stewards is to penalize flagrantly unsafe moves not honest mistakes as result of hard racing. What happened at Canadian GP is not acceptable at this level of our great sport"
Its shame Vettel choke, it was good driving battle, the best racing in a long time and because of the pressure from Hamilton Vettel made one mistak and it cost him. That's two races in Canada that Vettel choke and loose race that he for sure was winning. I have no faith is Ferrari even in a race that was sure for them to win it they manage to leave with no win and less points than Mercedes. Good driving today from a lot of people. Shame that controversy clouds people.

Hamilton pretty much has his 6th WDC and its not even mid way to the season yet.
There really is only one talking point, did Vettel deliberately rejoin the racing line, or was it a result of going off track and not having full control of his car? I personally think its the later, and that the FIA made a bad mistake, which will cause the interest in the sport to dwindle further. I'm neutral in this battle, I don't particularly like Vettel, nor Hamilton, but I have to wonder if the roles were reversed, would Hamilton have received the same penalty? I have little to no respect for the FIA stewardship, they are inconsistent at best.
By sagi58
Stupid Vettel, trying to find excuse for his own deliberate move. Hamilton, obviously, would have passed him on the track if he didn't cut the track and jumped in front of him.

NOT stupid...
NOT obvious...

See our F1 related articles too!