FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By overboost

By arnoldc
Love the picture "story" of Bahrain!!

Me too. Especially the falconry image. Good seeing that as a hunting sport represents a nation.

Sigh...Williams Racing is short on parts for the Bahrain GP and needs to drive carefully...

For some reason, I get the impression Williams is no longer interested in racing F1. Barcelona, Melborne and now Sakhir an excuse gets rolled out. And drivers as team spokespersons? Dunno. If this keeps up, I see FW pulling the cars out of the series at summer break. Hope not. Lot of history and tradition with Williams. Just no fire in the belly anymore?
By Jabberwocky
I am hoping the lack of parts is due to them going full steam ahead on the B spec car that fixes the design flaws (or floors) in the current car.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
By overboost
By arnoldc
RE: Russell / Kubica and fast / slow. A little of both, me thinks. Russell, as a rookie, is pumped. Kubica? Still lingering memories of his crash? Something of that magnitude is hard to mentally recover from. He has done exceptionally physically; it is the mind thing that is hard to play down.

Williams has a tough hill to climb. Somehow, they have to get a car out of Q1 into Q2. That will spike team energy. At present, it is Russell the more likely to do that.

To both of their defense, the last instruction a driver wants to hear from the glass van is, "Don't break the car; no spares...". Drivers break cars. It's what they do.
By overboost
By myownalias
Maybe we'll have a fight for the title, after all, that's some swing from Mercedes in Australia. The question now is will Ferrari allow LeClerc to actually race for the win, or will they force him to yield to Vettel, even if LeClerc is faster. You have to admire the relative rookie, LeClerc, "I feel no more pressure driving for Ferrari", a future world champion for sure.
By overboost
Mercedes must be hiding a problem in Bahrain.
By darwin dali
a future world champion for sure.

MV vs. CL - the future big rivalry...
By Bedanec
Leclerc proving he's a title contender this year. Really impressive pace.

Other than that not so much happening besides Vettel spinning on the Hamilton move. But this time it was absolutely clean move, or? What did you guys think?
By overboost
By myownalias
Amazing drive from Charles LeClerc, very well deserved driver of the race, and a very mature response after the race.

I don't often give credit to Lewis Hamilton, but props to him for his words over the radio when he was congratulated by the team in regard to LeClerc's performance.
By arnoldc
The mystery simultaneous double DNF by Renault due to almost identical causes puzzles me. Beginning to think the culprit was an accidental keystroke entry from the glass control van. Or, exercising a conspiracy theory, an external systems hack. Probably never know the full story on it. But was odd, and coincidence seems a stretch.

McLaren looking good in practice, qualifying and the race. Could become a serious contender for best of the rest this year. Returning to their legacy orange, the F1 gods are pleased...
Hi

2 is not enough, no! Uh oh - more horny than chri[…]

See our F1 related articles too!