FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By sagi58
Only wished that Binotto wasn't so conservative:

"We had the window to pit Charles for new tyres and go for the fastest lap, but I think as I said, whenever you pit, it may be a risk, and I think it was more important for us to bring the car home and score the points," he said. "There are sometimes races where you are not the best, but it is still important to score points, and at the end, that was our choice.

"We will eventually review the decision, but the decision was for that reason."

He's cutting his teeth, as it were. Let's give him a little more time...
or rope?? :wink:
By myownalias
I'm still disappointed by Ferrari, they left pre-season as favorites and finish the first race in a clear 3rd best team. Great drive from Verstappen, and big props to Honda for getting their first podium since their F1 return, it just shows that it wasn't all Honda to blame at McLaren, in a decent Red Bull chassis, the engine is pretty strong, maybe McLaren should have stuck with their choice, instead of jumping ship to Renault, who seem to be hit or miss right now. I was kinda hoping that Ferrari would have allowed Leclerc to race Vettel, but that was a clear team order, a driver does not suddenly go from being 0.5 - 1 second faster, only to fall back when approaching Vettel's gearbox. The questions are moving forward, can Ferrari overhaul such a significant deficit and can Max/Red Bull be consistent enough to be a serious contender. Finally, what a shame for Danny Ric, exploding front wing by getting half a car on the grass, he really cannot get any luck at his home Grand Prix.
By sagi58
Here's hoping it really was this "simple":

Staff wrote:">Watch how close Ferrari came to disaster in Australia race start

The Australian Grand Prix didn’t go according to plan for Ferrari, with the team missing the Melbourne podium for the first time since 2014 as Sebastian Vettel and Charles Leclerc could only finish a distant fourth and fifth. But it could have been much, much worse for the Scuderia, as the video above shows...

Going through Turns 1 and 2 at the start, the Ferrari duo came agonisingly close to wiping each other out, with a tell-tale puff of white smoke clearly visible from the onlooking Max Verstappen's perspective as Leclerc’s front wing touches the left-rear tyre of Vettel’s car.

Not only did they avoid an accident, Vettel also escaped a puncture - talk about a close call!
By 1Lemon
My 5 year old signature is finally becoming true!
By darwin dali
My 5 year old signature is finally becoming true!

Maybe - what was it with counting chickens before they hatched :wink:

See our F1 related articles too!