No votes
0%
Kvyat
No votes
0%
Other
No votes
0%
Vote for the star performer of the race from the list provided!

Please feel free to explain your choice. :thumbup:
26 points and 21 seconds ahead of his teammate. VB.

Also well done to Kvyat in the Toro Rosso beating Gasly in the Red Bull. And to Stroll who had a brilliant start and good pace and finished ahead of teammate Perez.
Verstappen got my vote. Took into account not only his really good drive during the race, but also the way he presented himself in the interview after the race. I saw an entirely different person there than the Mad Max that finished out the 2018 season. He is quickly becoming a season driver-both on and off track.
Verstappen got my vote. Took into account not only his really good drive during the race, but also the way he presented himself in the interview after the race. I saw an entirely different person there than the Mad Max that finished out the 2018 season. He is quickly becoming a season driver-both on and off track.

I have to agree! He has definitely matured!
Bravo Max!!
Bottas for me, he didn't put a wheel wrong and beat a 5 x world champion by more than 20 seconds in the same car.

Apparently, it wasn't Hamilton's fault... not that anything ever is...

Staff wrote:">REVEALED: The floor damage sustained by Hamilton's Mercedes in Australia

Lewis Hamilton finished a distant second to team mate Valtteri Bottas in Sunday’s Australian Grand Prix. However, after the race his Mercedes squad revealed the Briton had to contend with floor damage for much of the race, which would have compromised both performance and car balance.

It’s not clear when the damage occurred, nor how it was sustained, but from the image above – comparing shots of Hamilton’s car in qualifying and at the end of the race – you can see a piece of carbon fibre is missing in front of the left-rear tyre.

It may look small, but every detail matters in F1. Only the Silver Arrows, however, will know how much it cost their man.
I saw that picture and the part that was missing was just a tiny piece of carbon fibre mounted just in front of the left rear tire. Not quite the large piece of floor broken away that I had envisaged from Merc's initial report. This piece might be 10 cm2 and weigh a gram!

It is almost impossible to believe that this little piece of curved carbon fibre could be doing so much of the aero work considering the vast array of other wings, barge boards, diffusers and slots on the car.

I wonder if they checked Bottas's car if there aren't two or three or more of these bits missing from his car! Merc won't be telling us that is for sure or giving us pretty pictures like they have for Lewis's car.

Here is a picture of the 0.5s per lap piece of cf:

Last edited by overboost on 19 Mar 19, 23:37, edited 1 time in total.
...It is almost impossible to believe that this little piece of curved carbon fibre could be doing so much of the aero work considering the vast array of other wings, barge boards, diffusers and slots on the car...

psssst... Did you miss the part where I said...
Apparently, it wasn't Hamilton's fault... not that anything ever is...

:thumbup:
Yes sagi I saw that. Well stated!

How about this development. Early Sunday before the race Mercedes was repairing Hamiltons car in the very same spot on the floor. Pictures:

Hamilton must have had an off and broken it sometime in the qually sessions. Didn't seem to slow him down any though in qually as he got pole. Maybe it made his car faster!

Of course the Hamilton fans are suggesting sabotage, an inside job .... :rolleyes:

https://twitter.com/NicolasF1i/status/1 ... Fpage%3D14
...How about this development. Early Sunday before the race Mercedes was repairing Hamiltons car in the very same spot on the floor...

Of course the Hamilton fans are suggesting sabotage, an inside job .... :rolleyes: ...

:yawn:

See our F1 related articles too!