Haas
McLaren
Alfa Romeo
Racing Point
Renault
Toro Rosso

Williams
By myownalias
Just finished watching the replay of the qualifying sessions and to say I was dismayed to see Mercedes 0.7 seconds ahead of Ferrari, is an understatement. We all suspected that Mercedes were sandbagging in pre-season testing, but a whole second between their pre-season pace, just a few weeks ago and their qualifying pace in Melbourne is almost unbelievable.

I hope this is not a representation of the season ahead. If so, I might just switch off now and hand the titles to Hamilton and Mercedes.
By darwin dali
I had the same sinking feeling - I think I’m working on a 9-month depression already.
By myownalias
I had the same sinking feeling - I think I’m working on a 9-month depression already.

Let's hope that Ferrari's race pace is better to at least keep Mercedes honest. If Mercedes maintain that gap in race trim, we are already looking at a race for the best of the rest. As much as Ferrari have the financial clout, I don't think they can out-develop Mercedes to overhaul a 2/3 of a second deficit.
By arnoldc
Vettel (Ferrari): "We've won in Melbourne before, we can do it again." At least he is not giving in, giving out or giving up.
By overboost
Bring back Arrivabene already!
By overboost
By darwin dali
Great race by VB - proving his critics wrong. Happy for him. Hope he can keep it up at that level to give LH, MV and SV a good run for the money.
CL seems to be quick as well - once his occasional offs are eliminated, he'll be a force to be reckoned with.
By overboost
VB got that extra point as well. Those points could be very important in a close title race.

And it is one of the things that Bottas is better at than Lewis. Bottas has more fastest laps than LH last season.
By darwin dali
Only wished that Binotto wasn't so conservative:

"We had the window to pit Charles for new tyres and go for the fastest lap, but I think as I said, whenever you pit, it may be a risk, and I think it was more important for us to bring the car home and score the points," he said. "There are sometimes races where you are not the best, but it is still important to score points, and at the end, that was our choice.

"We will eventually review the decision, but the decision was for that reason."
By gdh
Honda is back! Great race from both Bottas and Mad Max who just spanked Ferrari silly today. Vettel handed 4th place via team orders. Hopefully Ferrari will regroup. I kept having Won't Get Fooled Again -( meet the new boss, same as the old boss) going through my head from race start to the end.
By arnoldc
Meanwhile, at the back of the pack, Williams made an accounting of themselves by completing the race bringing both cars home at the finish.

In my opinion, Russell has what it takes to get the car out of Q1 and at least into Q2. I would think that is a short-term goal for Williams to aspire to. Kubica? Went thru all three sets of compounds in the race looking for something that either was not in the car or that he could not find. I think he still has some settling down and settling in to do before he becomes effective in the car. Personally, I still feel Williams made a tactical error in releasing Sirotkin. But, water under the bridge as they say.

Was pleased with Valtteri's win and fastest lap point. Am anxious to watch a re-run video so I can personally rate the race. Right. On to Bahrain.
By sagi58
Vettel (Ferrari): "We've won in Melbourne before, we can do it again." At least he is not giving in, giving out or giving up.

So very true... NO one should be giving up, after one race in such a long season.
If anyone is having those kinds of doubts, I'd suggest they hang up their helmet!!
By sagi58
"Why are we so slow?"

I have to say, it was painful to watch! :(

But, it ain't over!! So, on to the next race! :thumbup:

See our F1 related articles too!