FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By overboost
Testing starts today ..... and Williams is out.

Possible reasons from an 'insider' report:

I've spoken with three Williams personnel (two are trackside, one is factory based) and here are the facts about missing T1:

'Parts were 'released' too late to be manufactured on-time and that's the only reason we're missing T1 D1. The missing parts are composite so they are possibly suspension or bodywork related but I wasn't told exactly...and didn't ask. When she/he said the parts were not 'released', they mean the part was not approved and sent out as a full scale model which is then taken to the composite laminators or machining group for manufacture.
Overall morale in the team is "low af". "We're being worked like dogs, treated like s***, and HR is a f***ing joke"
"We're often wondering who's in charge around here"
'
Last edited by overboost on 18 Feb 19, 18:25, edited 1 time in total.
By overboost
Raikkonen on track in the new Alfa .... and he's off.

By overboost
Just testing the limit of the car!
By overboost
By overboost
By sagi58
Leave me alone - I know what I'm doing!

:yes: always... even if the rest of us don't get it!! :yes:
By sagi58
Here's my "dumb question of the day"...

Are Hamilton / Bottas driving the same car?
Is that why their separate total laps are so low on both days, relative to Ferrari?

(OK, so that's two questions; but, I had to set up the "real" question by prefacing with the first!)
By arnoldc
Hurray! Williams fields its 2019 car with Russell completing a lap. Good idea sending the rookie out for first test. Probably Kubica's idea... :D Only kidding. Sure Clare of Paddy would not put a driver in a car unless they thought it safe and ready. Kubica will get his turn at the wheel, no doubt soonest.

Anyway, looking now to see if it really is 2 seconds off the pace as some of the pundits have opined. Hope not.

Oh! Noticed the front tires appear to be carrying less negative camber than the wear pattern shown on the other cars so far.
Just initial setup? Or putting more of a footprint down to preclude front end push?
By sagi58
Teams can bring only one car to the tests.

So... Ferrari put in approximately TWICE as many laps as Mercedes on BOTH days?? :eek:
By darwin dali
Teams can bring only one car to the tests.

So... Ferrari put in approximately TWICE as many laps as Mercedes on BOTH days?? :eek:

...because they ran approximately twice as fast around the circuit as Mercedes on both days - makes sense.
By sagi58
Undoubtedly, it makes sense...
I thought it strange that Mercedes didn't do more!
Maybe hiding an ace up their sleeve...

See our F1 related articles too!