FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By overboost
Ferrari confirms Binotto

https://www.racefans.net/2019/01/07/fer ... principal/

Mattia Binotto has replaced Maurizio Arrivabene as Ferrari’s team principal, the team has confirmed.

As RaceFans reported earlier today, Arrivabene had declined to sign a new contract which was believed to reduce his responsibilities at the team.
A statement issued by Ferrari on Monday confirmed Arrivabene’s departure “after four years of untiring commitment and dedication.”

“The decision was taken together with the company’s top management after lengthy discussions related to Maurizio’s long-term personal interests as well as those of the team itself,” it added.

Arrivabene’s departure come after the team completed its 10th consecutive season without a championship victory. He has been in charge of their Formula 1 team since the end of 2014. They enjoyed two competitive seasons in 2017 and 2018 but were beaten to the championships by Mercedes and Lewis Hamilton.

“Ferrari would like to thank Maurizio for his valuable contribution to the team’s increasing competitiveness over the past few years, and wish him the best for his future endeavours,” the team added.
By overboost
It is too bed that Arrivabene was let go. I don't know if this Binotto is leadership material, we shall see.

I wonder if Ferrari is going to fire Arrivabene's wife Stephania as well?
Binotto as team boss could be good for Ferrari - more engineering background at the top will enhance their progress in that department with feedback from the drivers and sensors being actually understood by the boss and enabling him to direct the development race in the right direction so that floor disasters like last year won't happen again.
By sagi58
But, it's not "just" about the engineering, eh?
Who's going to make the decisions on the pitwall?
Should be someone with experience, I'd say...

See our F1 related articles too!