FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By ActionJackson
I'm an F1 addict. I've watched every F1 race for the last 30 years. Never missed one. I've raced Spec Racer Ford with S.C.C.A. in the U.S.A. for the last 24 years. I've been to the Monaco GP and I've actually driven Yas Marina in a race Aston Martin. What I'm saying is addicts don't come any more hooked than me........BUT...............

I'm tired of the predictability. I'd like to see more passing for position. I want to see more people with a chance to win. I want to see new faces on the Podium.

I don't really care if the cars are lapping 2 seconds a lap faster. Going to wider cars was a big mistake. I'd actually like to see worse brakes. Longer braking distances.....more chance for passing.

Have the cars punch a bigger hole in the air and make drafting better. The DRS spiced things up a bit. Our Spec Racer draft like crazy, its just like DRS. (Spec Racer Fords are as aerodynamic as a house brick).

Herman Tilka should take a look at the historic track where there is lots of passing.

Even the commentators are full of baloney when they praise the "Esses" at track like Circuit of the Americas and Suzuka. Have you every seen a pass in the "esses". You might as well just put up a sign that says "NO PASSING". I've raced Circuit of the Americas and any time anyone tried to pass in the esses, they crashed. We had a field of over 80 cars, so there was a "diversity of talent and speed", to put it gently.

The Money distribution in F1 is stupid. Thats one thing I have no idea how to solve.

But we can change aerodynamic rules so that the cars can follow more closely. Yas Marina has just three tight corners before that long straight, but that's enough to keep the following car back too far to pass on the straight. (Alonso in the Ferari, remember, he lost the championship because he couldn't make a pass.)

Maybe it's time to make qualifying a "Bespoke Event" Give points, but then randomly invert the field. Fun for everyone. Some of my most fun races were when the car broke/crashed/I screwed up, in quali, then started at the back and had great fun getting to the front.

time for something new. The best races this year were when some unusual circumstance spiced things up.

Action Jackson #8 SRF
By sagi58
I'm an F1 addict. I've watched every F1 race for the last 30 years. Never missed one. I've raced Spec Racer Ford with S.C.C.A. in the U.S.A. for the last 24 years. ...

The Money distribution in F1 is stupid. Thats one thing I have no idea how to solve...

time for something new. The best races this year were when some unusual circumstance spiced things up.

Hey, there! Sounds like an interesting life, you've led!!

Completely agree on the money distribution...
how's this, off the top of my head:
Take the pot and use 75% of it to distribute EQUALLY amongst ALL the teams...
the other 25% is to be pro-rated based on team championship points...
Not sure what that looks like in dollars and cents; but, it may help level out the playing field...

Something new... maybe we need to go back to something old, like the point system...
Hamilton's 408 to Vettel's 320 makes the difference in wins look astronomically ridiculous...
Sure, give points to the top 10; but, seriously? 25 for a win?
By sagi58
I like your money idea,

looks like you're a Ferrari fan, now all we've got t do is convince Ferrari. :wavey:

Yup!! Definitively a Ferrari fan...

I would suggest to you, Ferrari is not the only team that would need convincing!! :wavey:

See our F1 related articles too!