Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.

Rate Jas!

1 Completely forgettable
50%
2 A snore-fest, dull, no action
No votes
0%
3 Boring, uneventful, only livened by mistakes.
No votes
0%
4 A procession at the front or generally a crappy race.
25%
5 Some good battles
25%
6 A memorable race
No votes
0%
7 Competitive racing - hard fought, strategic
No votes
0%
8 Exciting - a dramatic finish or an upset
No votes
0%
9 Could be the best race of the season
No votes
0%
10 One for the Ages!
No votes
0%
By overboost
How was the season finale?
Went with 1... completely forgettable because I almost did forget there was a race!!

Happy Hulkenberg walked away from that crash...

Will be even happier when the announcers get a thesaurus that isn't filled only with superlatives...
1 (One).

FP4 as a descriptor comes to mind. Know it was better than that, and the drivers and constructors deserve a better score from me. But, all said and done, there was more said than done.
Perhaps being a bit harsh in my rating of the race. Going in, it was disappointing to hear Sergey lost his seat with Williams. Then to hear his after race interview just added to the disappointment. Race retirement of Hulkenburg and Ocon put my fantasy team at -2 points for the race weekend. That didn't help either.

As darwin dali points out, there were some good battles mid-field. Thinking what puts me off footing is the top six in the race are so over-dominate and predictable. Abu Dhabi only re-inforced that for me. Then Hamilton says '..wanted to finish this year as I will start next year...' put me off a bit too. He is 5 times WDC, so guess he has the creds to say that. Just seemed like the wrong comment to make at the time.

Looking forward to Abu Dhabi in 2019 to make some positive comments and rate the race higher. It seems a good race course and deserves a more positive consideration from me. Hard on cars it is with one-quarter of the field DNFing.

For now enjoying the winter break and getting ready for Australia in March. Cheers.
...Then Hamilton says '..wanted to finish this year as I will start next year...' put me off a bit too. He is 5 times WDC, so guess he has the creds to say that. Just seemed like the wrong comment to make at the time...

You are MUCH more magnanimous than I am, rested assured of that!
This is yet another example of his arrogance... credentials, you say?
Sure; but, the only worse than a sore loser is a sore winner!

Grace is not something you can buy!
You guys talk of being put off by Hamilton's boasting and by his lack of grace in Abu Dhabi, I was also rather shocked by his behaviour on the podium stripping down and acting almost as Hamilton 'the crusader' showing off his large cross tattoo to F1's Muslim hosts and all the Muslim people in the grandstand while being showered by the fake champagne.

Probably not the smartest not the most culturally sensitive thing he has ever done. A rather crude way for a 'world' champ to act imo.

Last edited by overboost on 27 Nov 18, 22:35, edited 1 time in total.
Christian, schmistian, muslim, schmuslim - it's all the same schmite and I don't give a flying schmuck.
But I agree, the spectacle was rather off-putting. :rolleyes:
^ You are preaching to the converted. Amen to that!
Gave it a 4 as it was generally a boring crappy race. Not much of a season finale. It did have big planes, Will Smith and donuts though!
Last edited by overboost on 30 Nov 18, 14:44, edited 2 times in total.
By gdh
Gave it a 1 as 3 days after the race the only thing that I remember is the donuts and wondering whether Max would be the champion if he had Bottas' seat this past season.
I think we all know the answer to that question.

If a driver like Rosberg took a championship away from Hamilton then it wouldn't even be a contest between Verstappen and Lewis. Verstappen would be Wolff's new best buddy and Lewis would fold up like a tent as Max wins the thing.
... Verstappen would be Wolff's new best buddy and Lewis would fold up like a tent as Max wins the thing.

From your keyboard Image to God's screen Image!!

See our F1 related articles too!