FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Just as it says...
By darwin dali
Oops - what happened? Canada not medalling in curling (other than in the new-fangled mixed doubles) and losing to Germany in the hockey semi-final :yikes::superyikes::yellowyikes: That's like Sauber beating Ferrari in a drag race :twisted:
[youtube]Gwrm8UK1VIk[/youtube]
By overboost
How did curling get into the olympics anyway?
By overboost
There is no physical part to curling apart from 'sweeping'. But why would sweeping rate an olympic medal?

The ancient greeks must be turning in their graves!
By overboost
:whip: :nono: Theyve won more medals than 2014 or even Vancouver 2010...so lay off ehhhhhhhhhhh!

Third place is pretty good!

And we beat the struggling Americans which was unexpected I think.
By sagi58
Let's put things into perspective for our neighbours to the south!!

Canada has just over ELEVEN % (36.8 M) the population of the U. S. of A. (326.8 M) and yet, we have SIX MORE medals that our esteemed neighbours. :whip:

We may be tied for Silver; but, we have TWO MORE GOLD and TWO MORE BRONZE medals. :whip:

In fact, this year's total is a new record for Canada, whereas the Americans failed to live up to their record 37 at the Winter Games in 2010. :whip:

btw: The U.S. of A.'s record was broken by Norway, this year. Oh, and as a point of reference, Norway's population is LESS than 5.5 M a mere fraction of the 326.8 M of the U. S. of A.

And, done!! :thumbup:
In sports I always root for Germany - they did really well this time and almost got the gold in hockey against Russia or OAR. :thumbup::clap:
Nah, fact remains: Canada was underwhelming in its two national sports curling and ice hockey.
By sagi58
Nah, fact remains: Canada was underwhelming in its two national sports curling and ice hockey.

Last time I checked, nobody's perfect!
Fact remains, we have more gold than "most" other countries with a great population!! :P

See our F1 related articles too!