FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By overboost
Just a year ago at Abu Dhabi and just after a victory burnout this iconic F1 photo of Rosberg's victory leap was taken.

A great achievement exceeding his ability by his own account taking the wdc. It was also after a tense race where he was forced to pass the 'unpassable' Verstappen and had to endure lap after lap of unsporting tactics from his teammate who was busy throwing a tantrum and determined to defy his team. The stage was set for his stunning and bold exit from the sport while on top and leave the crazy behind.

This year we have little to look forward to other than to witness what is to be the final open cockpit F1 race and perhaps the chance for a win by a driver other than a Merc driver.

Last edited by overboost on 23 Nov 17, 03:56, edited 4 times in total.
By overboost

By overboost
By overboost
Bottas takes his second pole in a row after an excellent lap pressuring Hamilton into a mistake in the final corner. Ricciardo manages to split the Ferrari's with a great last lap effort. Worthy of mention is Massa in his final qually bumped Alonso out in Q2.

By overboost
Seems that next year we will have the halo added to the car and a new mandatory camera as well, looking rather like a trailer hitch on the nose. It will look just great.

The up side is that 360 degree views will be available. See the video for a demo, use the control in the upper left corner. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpZrTzc9Yek

https://twitter.com/tgruener/status/934098144186552321
By overboost
By myownalias
The lack of responses in this thread says it all, Abu Dhabi is a piss poor venue for the season finale.

The race was dull as dishwater!
By sagi58
The lack of responses in this thread says it all, Abu Dhabi is a piss poor venue for the season finale.

Couldn't have said it better myself.
Good thing I had work to keep me awake!!
By myownalias

I did not, in fact I did fall asleep for the final third of the race, I woke to Bottas doing donuts.
By gdh
Sky sports talking heads worked overtime trying to inject a modicum of entertainment. Liberty Media needed to have Celebrity Appresident tweet about F1 at least there would have been some entertainment factor.
By overboost

I did not, in fact I did fall asleep for the final third of the race, I woke to Bottas doing donuts.

Of course it is the Merc's who had enough fuel (oil) left to waste on donuts.
By overboost
Alonso testing at Abu Dhabi today.

Note the new halo, McLaren has stuck a wing on it already.

By sagi58

Of course it is the Merc's who had enough fuel (oil) left to waste on donuts.

So much so, that they were able to fry the donuts!!

See our F1 related articles too!