FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By overboost
Good pic of Vettel's wounded Ferrari. Lots of fluid/coolant coming out of the side of the car in front of the rear tire probably caused him to spin and crash out moments later.

By Van Der Shaft
Vettel threw it away on this one and has handed Hamilton the championship on a golden platter. If he manages to save it he's going to have to be incredibly lucky during the next few races.
By overboost
With all the Merc favouring power tracks left I would expect that it will be difficult for Vettel to hang on to second. Bottas is only 23 points behind Seb.
By Van Der Shaft
With all the Merc favouring power tracks left I would expect that it will be difficult for Vettel to hang on to second. Bottas is only 23 points behind Seb.

Indeed. Bottas has a habit of only becoming effective in the second half of the race, so Vettel needs to capitalize on that whilst still trying to catch Hamilton somehow. Raikkonen has lost his edge so I doubt he will be of much help and the Red Bull lads are a neutral party that will be happy to take advantage of any mistakes that Merc or Ferrari make. Hamilton hasn't suffered a mechanical problem for the entire season, so whether that means he's overdue one or unlikely to have one is an interesting thing to consider.
By overboost

See our F1 related articles too!