11%
9 Could be the best race of the season
No votes
0%
10 One for the Ages!
No votes
0%
By sagi58
Team orders are legal, so why would they have to ""pretend"" that Vettel's strategy worked and Kimi's didn't??

Optics, it may be legal from a rules point of view, however many fans dislike manufactured results, especially if you happen to be a fan of the driver on the losing end of the team order.

I guess it all depends on your perspective...
...another driver was already CLEARLY asked to move aside for his teammate (twice in the same race)... that decision was rationalized by many as being the right thing to do strategically... after the THIRD race of the season... how is this any different (((IF in fact, Team orders were issued)))?

And, for the record, much as I am more a fan of Kimi's than Vettel's, I do understand the need for T.O.
even if I don't like them... F1 is a TEAM sport, after all!!
F1 being a team sport is debatable when there is a driver's championship, in a true team sport, there is no internal competition for points... just my 2-cents.
F1 being a team sport is debatable when there is a driver's championship, in a true team sport, there is no internal competition for points... just my 2-cents.

Take, e.g., gymnastics or ski jumping: there are team medals to be won and there are the individual medals as well. So, a bit similar to F1.
By sagi58
I guess having the WCC is a way to keep everyone interested in doing their best;
but, maybe something like an MVP would be better? Or a three stars of the race?

Boh...

See our F1 related articles too!