FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By darwin dali
Always - they're doing a fine job.

Can't imagine the moaning on the English channel with LH doing poorly... :P
By sagi58
Last year, all the races were televised from SKY... on TSN!
This year it was all NBC!! Great job!!
By myownalias
In regard to Ferrari, I have a feeling that Seb and Kimi will be switched around rather than risking a collision...

They did switch positions; but, I'm not entirely sure it was a case of Team Orders...
Any thoughts??

Given the look on Kimi's face during the podium celebrations, I would definitely say team orders, Ferrari just made it look like Seb put in several fast laps in the half dozen laps he had before pitting, Ricciardo was going faster than Vettel for much of that period. It is the Ferrari way to put all their eggs in a single basket, and Kimi is under threat of being dropped again!

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with this; team orders are allowed and it is a TEAM SPORT!
By myownalias

I noticed today, NBCSN didn't do the picture-in-picture thing, but being Monaco, there was probably no action missed.
By darwin dali

I noticed today, NBCSN didn't do the picture-in-picture thing, but being Monaco, there was probably no action missed.

It was on NBC and they did do the pic thing - I noticed it because I usually fast forward (a little slower than when there's no pic thing) and today the little pic wasn't as smooth on fast forward as usual.
By myownalias
The race itself was a typical Monaco race, processional, only overtaking done in the pits. Some good strategy, especially for Red Bull and Ricciardo, to jump both Bottas and teammate, Verstappen. Boy, was Max upset with losing out to his teammate "BEEP, BEEP, BEEP, It's a disaster". In my view, the change of position with Ferrari was orchestrated, as I predicted.

Kinda sad to see Jenson's F1 race career end in the way it did. In fairness, he qualified well in 9th, only to be demoted to last because of engine penalties. Although you have to laugh that Button was given a 5 place grid penalty for causing the incident with Wehrlein, it could be a while before he serves his penalty.
By myownalias

It was on NBC and they did do the pic thing - I noticed it because I usually fast forward (a little slower than when there's no pic thing) and today the little pic wasn't as smooth on fast forward as usual.

I watched on PS VUE, I cancelled my TV package a few months back, I now stream TV on the Internet for $45/mo instead of the $160 I was paying before, it even has DVR functionality, which is what I watched. There was definitely no picture-in-picture on that feed, which was from NBCSN, maybe it was simulcast on both NBC and SN?
By darwin dali
It was live on NBC only, then they switched to NBCSN for the F1 Extra. After that they showed the whole race on NBCSN - that's probably what you watched?
By myownalias
It was live on NBC only, then they switched to NBCSN for the F1 Extra. After that they showed the whole race on NBCSN - that's probably what you watched?

Very likely, I didn't watch the race until 3pm central time, so that would make sense that I watched the re-run.
By sagi58
In regard to Ferrari, I have a feeling that Seb and Kimi will be switched around rather than risking a collision...

They did switch positions; but, I'm not entirely sure it was a case of Team Orders...
Any thoughts??

Given the look on Kimi's face during the podium celebrations, I would definitely say team orders, Ferrari just made it look like Seb put in several fast laps in the half dozen laps he had before pitting, Ricciardo was going faster than Vettel for much of that period. It is the Ferrari way to put all their eggs in a single basket, and Kimi is under threat of being dropped again!

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with this; team orders are allowed and it is a TEAM SPORT!

See, I'm having a problem with believing they'd purposely put Kimi in behind the traffic he faced, once he came out. That would be quite the gamble and quite a loss of Constructor points, had there been any sort of issue. There is no way Ferrari (or any other team) could have foreseen the role the Safety Car played later in the race.

I'm inclined to believe it was just one of those things.

And, yes, I have NO problem with Team orders, either.
And, it would seem other drivers are enjoying that luxury, too!!
By Big Azza
Welcome back BigAzza - long time no see. Hope you're ok and enjoy the racing - I know I did today and most of this season so far.

...I'm watching my first race in about 18 months - it's been on Pay TV for a while.... But Monaco is always free to air. :cloud9:

Hey, there Big A!! Hope all's well!
Today was the first time I saw a televised race via Liberty Media!
WoW!! Loved the format!! You could still watch the race (insert)
during commercials!! Loved the LESS BIASED commentary, too!

Thanks guys. Yeah it looks like a very interesting season! I saw the highlights from Spain as well. Good to see a 2-horse race again!

As for me - I'm great! In fact I just got married last month to Mrs Big Azza. :P:thumbup:

Unfortunately money is too tight at the moment to pay $50 per month to watch F1... So I don't think I'll be back until another "Free-to-air" race... :(
By sagi58
As for me - I'm great! In fact I just got married last month to Mrs Big Azza. :P:thumbup:

Unfortunately money is too tight at the moment to pay $50 per month to watch F1... So I don't think I'll be back until another "Free-to-air" race... :(

Come back any time!! You don't have to have watched to be able to participate!
Just check out Youtube bits'n'pieces!! :thumbup:

See our F1 related articles too!