FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By overboost
Hamilton commented on his lack of speed in Russia even though he was driving the race winning car:

"Hamilton now trails Vettel by 13 points in the drivers' championship after four races during a campaign in which the Briton has constantly complained over a lack of speed. And now his status as the number one driver with the Silver Arrows is in jeopardy after the Finn followed up his first pole position in Bahrain with his first success since moving to the constructors' champions.

Mercedes have a fortnight until the Spanish Grand Prix on 14 May in Barcelona to discover the root of the issue so Hamilton can reignite his title charge during the first European section of the campaign. But as for his failures in Russia, the 32-year-old is at a loss to explain his car's shortcomings. "I can't explain it," he said.

"We will do some work this week to fully understand it. I have some feelings and some ideas but lots of work will be done to figure it out. The direction he was able to go I wasn't able to go basically and I don't properly understand why. Our driving styles are quite similar so I'm not quite sure what else in the car was stopping me go in that direction."

It seems that Hamilton just couldn't find a way to keep up with his Finnish teammate's speed. He needs to bounce back bigly in Spain to keep that #1 status.

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/mercedes- ... 31773.html

See our F1 related articles too!