FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By overboost

Preview:

Where is Wehrlein?

Will there be overtaking?

Has Hamilton's old friend tire wear returned?

Will a power track suit Ferrari?

How bad will it be for McLaren?

Fuel limited circuit? Watch out for alot of 'lift and coast'.

Rain?
Last edited by overboost on 08 Apr 17, 00:11, edited 3 times in total.
By overboost
Rain, rain, rain.....

By overboost
By stepag
just watched emmmmm ted em mmmmm kravitz ?????should not be commentating surely,,,,was painful to watch ,and paying for the privalidge
By gdh
Flawless race by Lewis, Max other than a couple of lockups was superb. Vettel's passes on Kimi, Danny and Max was textbook. Not much excitement so F1 is 2 for 2 this season on that account. Max definitely earned driver of the day.
By sagi58
Wow... maybe I'm just still too new to this; but, aside from Ferrari not being on the top two steps,
I enjoyed the race... mind you, it was 2:00 a.m., maybe that had something to do with it? NOT!! :thumbup:
By sagi58
...Vettel's passes on Kimi, Danny and Max was textbook...

But... considering all the gloom and doom talk about no passing at all,
isn't "textbook" proof that all is not lost on that aspect?? :confused:
By darwin dali
aside from Ferrari not being on the top two steps,
I enjoyed the race...

SV WAS on one of the top two steps.
By myownalias
The Chinese GP was definitely a better race than Australia, more action, which was helped by the damp start conditions, that start by Max Verstappen was amazing, made up 7 or 8 places in the first half of lap 1. Unfortunately, there really was no race for the lead, Hamilton had it under control the whole time, Vettel pushed with fastest laps and closed the gap to eight seconds, only for Hamilton to put the hammer down and set his own fastest lap to maintain the gap.

At least we saw some on track overtaking throughout the field, which made the whole experience better for the TV watching audience. Ricciardo, Verstappen and Vettel made the race with their overtakes, for me personally, the most exciting part from Ricciardo chasing down Verstappen waiting for the inevitable dive down the inside which came on the final lap, which didn't quite work out for the Aussie.

Overall, it was a better race than Australia, although I found myself being disappointed that the challenge for the win from Ferrari was non-existent in this race, I hope this is not a sign of things to come.
By sagi58
I enjoyed the race...

I meant on BOTH of the two top steps!
I guess that makes me greedy? :P
By sagi58
...or me personally, the most exciting part from Ricciardo chasing down Verstappen waiting for the inevitable dive down the inside which came on the final lap, which didn't quite work out for the Aussie...

I was holding my breath for the last bit of the race...
I honestly thought Ricciardo was going to do it!!
By darwin dali
I enjoyed the race...

I meant on BOTH of the two top steps!
I guess that makes me greedy? :P

Yes, Bernadette :eek:

See our F1 related articles too!