FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Just as it says...
First the retarded vote on exiting Europe and now the humiliating exit from the Euro cup handed by Iceland. England has lost the plot.
In fairness, Iceland just outplayed the English; I think it's kinda insulting to the Icelandic team to call the defeat humiliating; England were terrible on the pitch and Iceland took advantage.

As for the Brexit; well people of the UK bought into the far right bullpoo and didn't do their own research, now they have to live with the consequences.
And, that's always the "danger" of the media, isn't it?
The media is "owned" by politics, so it's not surprising
that you'd have them tout the benefits of whatever the
flavour of the month happens to be at the time!!
If you want to see the Brexit debate in its full uneducated British agony visit our sister site and see the resident "thicko's" (their words) try and convince each other on the error of their ways. Hilarious. How on earth did these people ever get to have an empire??

Anyway the UK's and EU's trade losses could be good news for North Americans to get in there and take alot of the business away. Canada is in good shape having spent a number of years negotiating a good trade deal with the EU and has an inside track. The UK will be turning to us a well to fill the void, so it is win-win!!
By gdh
Pound hitting new 31 yr lows, some commercial real estate funds seeing huge redemptions, severe recession projected. Good thing the UK has Carney at the helm of the BOE, he did a phenomenal job steering Canada through the fin'l collapse.
You know the funniest thing; there was a massive campaign to leave the EU; but now that the UK voted leave; no-one wants to pull the trigger on Article 50; which would actually start the process of leaving the EU. The guy who pushed the Brexit, Nigel Farage quit as leader of UKIP stating I have done all I can... it's possible that the UK will may never leave the EU.
I think they wait for the new PM to pull the trigger...

None of the people in the leadership race has made any motions about Article 50; infact, they have said "there's no rush"; I think they are backtracking as they didn't expect to win.
I'm more intrigued by what Scotland might do: they were for staying in the EU and there's a long history of secession tendencies...
I'm more intrigued by what Scotland might do: they were for staying in the EU and there's a long history of secession tendencies...

I know a number of Scottish people who are very unhappy and would support breaking away from the UK, despite voting stay in the past two Scottish independence votes.

So exiting the EU could also mean the end of the United Kingdom...
The British Empire in 1921, at its territorial peak.

British Empire, circa 2021

Pound hitting new 31 yr lows, some commercial real estate funds seeing huge redemptions, severe recession projected. Good thing the UK has Carney at the helm of the BOE, he did a phenomenal job steering Canada through the fin'l collapse.

Number of UK property funds suspended since Brexit vote doubles

"The number of British property funds suspended after the country's vote to leave the EU more than doubled on Wednesday, leaving over 18 billion pounds frozen in the biggest seizing up of investment funds since the 2008 financial crisis.

Seven funds have pulled down the shutters after a wave of investors asked for their money back amid speculation about a possible drop in commercial property prices in reaction to the result of the June 23 referendum.

That in turn has raised concerns about the outlook for the broader financial system, given the risk of investors bailing out of other asset classes in a panic and of lenders to the sector such as banks suffering fresh balance sheet stress.
"

http://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britai ... KKCN0ZL13H

France overtakes Britain as world's No. 5 economy after pound drops

"Britain's vote in a referendum on June 23 to quit the EU has hammered financial markets, rattled businesses and punished the pound"

http://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britai ... KKCN0ZM1SK
By gdh
JPMorgan said that it may move thousands of employees out of the UK and to other EU areas depending on how the negotiations go regarding the passport rule. JPM has 16000 Ees in the UK, too many ppl are under the wrong impression that London cannot be replaced as a fin'l hub.

See our F1 related articles too!