FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Introduce yourself, go on, don't be shy!
By andrew
It's been a while since I've posted, and I haven't really been visiting these boards; following a drift away from interest / excitement around F1, but recently I've felt keener to get back into it, also missed posting and the community on here, but it looks like this site is still struggling for members and traffic.

I've felt the same. The terrible BBC coverage, work and Xbox have taken me away from the sport known as F1. That and a total and utter lack of interest in what F1 has become.

Enduring the narrow minded bullcrap on here from certain quarters, who have thankfully finally taken their internet ego's elsewhere, probably didn't help. Just a shame the traffic has dropped so much but it just shows the effect of certain former members on the decent guys that were here previously. Ah well, they're off enjoying their circle jerk on their own forum, doubtless continuing with their bile, hate and toxicity in order to make themselves feel better. Best of luck to them. Hope they don't run out of Kleenex.
By andrew
Just found their forum and it seems no more healthier than this one in terms of the number of different posters. Maybe they did run out of Kleenex after all!

On a serious note (me being serious? ye gods!), it's a real shame how things turned out. Neither Forumula1 or their side seem to have won but both seem to have lost.
By sagi58
Unfortunately, too many of us look at Life as one big competition,
where there are winners and losers. As adults, we should keep in
mind that respect for others and inherent differences is the only
thing that will help us co-exist in peace.
By myownalias
I believe that the lack of activities on F1 forums in general is a sign of the health of the sport itself, when we look at the past six or seven years, the sport has been dominated by two teams and that doesn't look likely to change any time soon, we need to have at least two, preferably three or more teams in the fight for the titles instead of intra-team competition only.
By vaptin
It is alway quiet in the off season... admittedly not normally this quiet

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

It's quiet, too quiet.
By sagi58
Hopefully, when those engines start revving up,
ImageImageImageImage
so will the conversations around here!!
ImageImageImage
By zurich_allan
I'm still around too, just been horrendously busy with work for the past year in particular, and no sign of it getting any better, if anything only worse. For much of the past year I've been working at various locations not just from my home campus in Scotland but in London, the Netherlands, and in particular in Rwanda. Barely had time to breathe. That said, I did manage to go to the whole Race of Champions weekend in London which was absolutely freezing but great fun. :)
By myownalias
Nice to hear from you ZA, hopefully you can find a little time to post your views of the world of F1 over the coming season.
By zurich_allan
Nice to hear from you ZA, hopefully you can find a little time to post your views of the world of F1 over the coming season.

Oh, I definitely will, as often as I can. :)
By Big Azza
Hi Everyone,

I don't think I can say I'm back posting regularly yet. Life just seems to have got in the way.... And now that F1 is on Pay TV, I really haven't been following it.

I kind of feel guilty that my not posting has contributed to this forum going quiet. (Although I doubt my 2000 posts or so would have made a difference! :P )

As I posted in another thread.... I got married last month. My wife's name is Precious. She's in the Philippines. I've spent a bit of time travelling back and forth these past few months. Hopefully her visa to join me in Australia will be approved next month! It's expensive; $10,000 AUD! :eek:

My family has now grown significantly. My wife has 35 first cousins! :eek: All of these are weddings we'll need to attend in the Philippines in the coming years!!!

I know spankyham is an Aussie with a strong affiliation to the Philippines and recommended I find a wife there about 5 years' ago. I hope he's impressed! :hehe:

See our F1 related articles too!