FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

So the cat is out of the bag: NR's secret to win in the Malaysian heat is a feminine pad taped to the inside of his helmet to absorb sweat from his forehead. I wonder which brand he prefers? Probably not Always with Wings as the Red Bull/Toro Rosso boys have first dibs on those :P
Well, that was some information that I could have lived the rest of my life not knowing.
Well, that was some information that I could have lived the rest of my life not knowing.

Chalk it up under 'Cannot be unseen anymore' :D

Chalk it up under 'Cannot be unseen anymore' :D

Like the image of Flabio that you have an obsession with posting... I had a traumatic flashback the other day and almost killed myself while on the highway!
By sagi58
 wrote:">Mercedes miscalculated Rosberg's fuel consumption in Australia

Lewis Hamilton may not have been as dominant in Melbourne as first thought. Germany's Auto Motor und Sport reports that a detailed investigation by Mercedes showed that it got its numbers wrong regarding Nico Rosberg's fuel strategy.

Team boss Toto Wolff had said after Australia that the German "did not have the weapons" to fight against Hamilton in the race because of fuel consumption. But the report on Friday said Rosberg had more fuel left in the tank after the race than engineers had expected. "Obviously," said Auto Motor und Sport, "the calculations regarding fuel were wrong."

1997 world champion Jacques Villeneuve is also not writing off Rosberg after Australia. Asked by Brazil's Globo to nominate his pick for the 2015 title, the French-Canadian said: "I'm betting on Nico. I think he is the most hungry for this season."
ESPNF1:

Nico Rosberg and his wife Vivian have become parents for the first time after welcoming their new baby girl into the world on Sunday afternoon.

Rosberg broke the news over Twitter, saying he and Vivian were "overwhelmed and totally in love". A week ago, the Mercedes driver had made special plans to leave the Belgian Grand Prix as quickly as possible if necessary and revealed he had spent most of the August break preparing for the new arrival.

"Everything was packed, the car engine was running in the garage," he told reporters in Belgium. "The baby seat is in the Mercedes ML and it took me two hours to put it in there. It was one of the toughest recent experiences!"

2 frigging hours? Really? :rofl:
By sagi58
:clap:Image:clap:

p.s. meant to find out sooner; but, you know what they say
about the best laid plans of mice and men!!

..."Everything was packed, the car engine was running in the garage," he told reporters in Belgium. "The baby seat is in the Mercedes ML and it took me two hours to put it in there. It was one of the toughest recent experiences!"

2 frigging hours? Really? :rofl:

Yup!! Pretty standard timing!! Those things are horrible to get right!!
And, you have to factor in the "fear" of getting it wrong!!
What's wrong with just keeping a roll of duck (duct) tape in the back seat?

Congrats Nico and Viv
You'll have to direct your inquiry to Family Services!! :hehe:

Too much of this nanny state these days telling you what you can and can't do.
By sagi58
True!! The problem is everyone has become an expert on "how to" that common sense isn't so common anymore!!
By sagi58
I thought Rosberg deserved the win in Mexico; but, it would seem his teammate doesn't agree:

Daniel Johnson, F1 Correspondent, in Mexico City wrote:">Lewis Hamilton: It is hard keeping Mercedes team-mate Nico Rosberg happy

Briton implies Mercedes are favouring German who he believes won Mexican Grand Prix after team denied him win

There was more than a whiff of lingering mistrust in the Mercedes motorhome as they packed up after the Mexican Grand Prix, their 10th one-two of the season.

Attempts to be scrupulously fair in their strategy calls left Lewis Hamilton glum-faced after what he felt was the team denying him the best chance of winning the first race in Mexico City for 23 years.

Hamilton added to the intrigue by being as confusing and self-contradictory as usual, indicating the lengths Mercedes have employed to keep Nico Rosberg happy.

The newly-crowned triple champion denied he felt the team had orchestrated the victory for Rosberg, before hinting otherwise.

“I know the team has felt the need to be extra warm [towards Rosberg],” Hamilton said on Monday night. “I do know what I mean but I’m not going to say what I mean. This weekend he did a good job at the end of the day. You should ask Toto [Wolff] and Niki [Lauda]. You should put those questions to them about how they feel about it. What they have to do behind the scenes to keep him happy.”

This is a team who are sweeping all before them but have two drivers – former friends it must be said – who barely speak to each other, and are increasingly willing to take matters into their own hands.

The background to Sunday’s row was their collision in Austin the previous week, which left Rosberg fuming (Hamilton dropped in that his team-mate did not congratulate him that day after sealing the title).

Hamilton could not resist a dig at Rosberg’s performance in Mexico, saying: “Nico drove really well today, no mistakes, no gusts of wind,” a reference to the German’s explanation for the mistake which cost him the US Grand Prix.

In Mexico the controversy centred on the team’s decision to bring both drivers in for a second stop. Rosberg and Hamilton were way out in front, with enough time to pit and come back out in the lead. The team feared the tyres would not make it to the end with just one stop, and brought Rosberg in.

They told Hamilton to follow suit but he questioned the call, continuing for a lap while the team explained themselves.

Pete Bonnington, his race engineer, said firmly: “So, Lewis, we were down to zero on the first set. If we run longer we will be down to zero if not worse so box [pit] at the end of this lap – instruction.”

“I think that’s the wrong call, but I’m coming in,” Hamilton said.

The team said it was a safety issue, but Hamilton disagreed. “There was no risk, there was nothing for me to lose,” the 30-year-old said. “We have won the constructors’ championship, the team have won, so let me take a risk, let’s go for it. But we did what we did and we still got the one-two. I was racing and that’s why I was considering staying out. But when the team say it’s an order, it’s an order, you do what they ask. But it wasn’t fun.”

On the one hand, Mercedes’s decision to bring both in makes perfect sense. As much as fans would like both drivers to be left to their own devices, the team were protecting their advantage. But the saga highlights how impossible it is to try to keep everyone happy. They may be better served by letting the drivers make up their own minds.

Unfortunately Wolff, the team chief, was not available to explain their rationale. He did not speak to journalists seemingly because some of the press pack had decided to ask Lauda, the team’s non-executive chairman, for his thoughts. And Lauda is not the team’s spokesman, according to their press manager, despite the fact the three-time champion appears on German television network RTL at every race.

It summed up the awkward mood in Mercedes despite another dominant weekend.
By overboost
http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2015/11/29/r ... ship-year/

Rosberg ends 2016 on a high.

Since Hamilton clinched the title in Austin, Rosberg has managed to achieve something which eluded his team mate this year – win three consecutive races from pole position. And this latest triumph will have been all the sweeter for doing it with an engine disadvantage, however slight, and at the track where he lost the championship last year.

Afterwards he beamed he was “ecstatic” with the result. “I really master-managed, controlled the pace through the race and managed my tyres and used them optimally and pushed all the way through to the end – and had a lot more laps on them than Lewis’s.”

Rosberg unsurprisingly added he would be happy to begin the 2016 season tomorrow. Hamilton, however, cannot afford to ignore the fresh threat from his team mate.

Competing theories for Hamilton’s three straight defeats abound: Post-championship fatigue? A change in the car, possibly relating to tyre rules change in September?

Whatever the explanation, Rosberg’s season-ending form offers hope that even if the opposition don’t turn up with better cars next year we could still see a closer championship fight next time.
By overboost
http://www.wheels24.co.za/FormulaOne/ro ... g-20160610

"Money not the issue

It was thought any wrangling would be about Rosberg simply upping the value of his retainer, but Gerhard Berger said: "It's not about money. It's about something else."

Berger, the former F1 driver and BMW and Toro Rosso chief, has been brought in by Rosberg and his father Keke to handle the negotiations with Mercedes.

Germany's Bild newspaper claims the uncertainty about a new deal for Rosberg is indeed less about money and more to do with whether Mercedes wants to promote its young charger Pascal Wehrlein from Manor."

See our F1 related articles too!