FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss your own car, automotive news and latest supercar launches.
Record cold, lake effect snow, brutal winters with ice and loads of salt, the works. Probably not as cold as fooking Toronto from where we get those cold spells, but brutally cold enough :banghead:
:rofl:

Next question: if you only get a car wash 3 times a year,
do you actually drive it, for it to get dirty? :P

Yes, and it gets dirty within 10 minutes around here :P

Sounds familiar!! :thumbup:
Sagi58, after spending a full winter with your Fit how do you like it and the cvt? Our son is looking to buy one this spring or summer.

You will never guess how many clicks I got on a full tank of gas!!
So... you know what gas prices are, right? The other day I paid
$.999 per litre and filled up my tank for $35.00!! I drove it about
10 days until there were only fumes in the tank... 500 km!!
That's both city and highway driving!!
Sagi58, after spending a full winter with your Fit how do you like it and the cvt? Our son is looking to buy one this spring or summer.

I thought it would be more than that, I get around 350 miles (560km) on a full tank combined highway/city, roughly about US$32 at the pump and I have a 3 liter V6 engine and a lead foot, although I do have a 16 gallon fuel tank, I would assume the Fit has a smaller tank?
I have been driving a cvt car for almost 2 years now. So far, I haven't encountered any problems. The fuel efficiency is amazing. I used to drive an automatic and Im spending 35% less on fuel after changing to a cvt car...
I do dream of mastering a stick shift. (I like to challenge myself with stuff that chaps think they're unbeatable at)
Problem (or not) is Kampala, Uganda is blessed with so many hills and the traffic is madness (seriously, if you can drive in this city, you can drive ANYWHERE) so the whole balancing and shifting up to 3rd gear at most pretty much grinds my gears.

That sounds like a challenge! :eek:

When sitting in traffic I don't mind using an automatic but when you find some decent back-roads with no traffic the manual becomes preferable. My Volvo has an automatic box but with a manual option - you'd think best of both Worlds but somehow the designers have found the worst of both!

I have been driving a cvt car for almost 2 years now. So far, I haven't encountered any problems. The fuel efficiency is amazing. I used to drive an automatic and Im spending 35% less on fuel after changing to a cvt car...

35% - that is impressive! :thumbup:

I thought it would be more than that, I get around 350 miles (560km) on a full tank combined highway/city, roughly about US$32 at the pump and I have a 3 liter V6 engine and a lead foot, although I do have a 16 gallon fuel tank, I would assume the Fit has a smaller tank?

It is smaller!! Since I can get 35 L, that converts into about 9 U.S. gallons!
Let's see... 560km/16 gallons = approx. 35 km to the gallon for you, and...
500 km/9 U.S. gallons = approx. 55 km to the U.S. gallon for me!! :wink:

There has to be more going on than just switching to a CVT, a CVT transmission wouldn't save that much fuel alone, I'm thinking you have a smaller, more efficient engine than before as well to achieve those numbers.

So you get better MPG than me, which is not surprising, but I would not give up my standard auto for a CVT (although a full manual would be nice) and I don't really like eco-boxes, in the US fuel is cheap enough to not need an eco-box like many European countries and Canada it seems.

There has to be more going on than just switching to a CVT, a CVT transmission wouldn't save that much fuel alone, I'm thinking you have a smaller, more efficient engine than before as well to achieve those numbers.

So you get better MPG than me, which is not surprising, but I would not give up my standard auto for a CVT (although a full manual would be nice) and I don't really like eco-boxes, in the US fuel is cheap enough to not need an eco-box like many European countries and Canada it seems.

Yeah. The cvt contributed but I do admit that Im driving a much more efficient car. I highly value fuel efficiency over style.

And, you couldn't pay me enough to take on a standard/manual transmission! :nono:
Not to mention I don't like driving my living room around on four wheels. :P

How big do you think my car is? I could fit my car in my living room four times over...

But I have to admit that if I was in Europe still, I would probably have a little 1.6L Turbo (with stick shift) to save on fuel!

How big do you think my car is? I could fit my car in my living room four times over...

How big is your living room? :yikes:

p.s. I've forgotten what you're driving!! :blush:

How big is your living room? :yikes:

p.s. I've forgotten what you're driving!! :blush:

OK, so I can only fit the car in the living room three times over, the room is 22ft x 16ft. I drive a 2012 Ford Fusion.

See our F1 related articles too!