FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Just as it says...
By zurich_allan
You know you are too old when you groan when you sit down

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

The problem I'm beginning to find is that I've always been a 'floor sitter' i.e. even when there are seats available at parties etc. I've always been more comfortable sitting on the floor. However these days I'm beginning to find it more and more difficult to comfortably get up from sitting down like that. Too many years of abuse to the knees and ankles, as well as the lower back. To look at me you'd probably say that I don't look my age, but in reality I feel 20 years older!
By darwin dali

The problem I'm beginning to find is that I've always been a 'floor sitter' i.e. even when there are seats available at parties etc. I've always been more comfortable sitting on the floor. However these days I'm beginning to find it more and more difficult to comfortably get up from sitting down like that. Too many years of abuse to the knees and ankles, as well as the lower back. To look at me you'd probably say that I don't look my age, but in reality I feel 20 years older!

:director: Okayyyy oldie, stop this talk - it's depressing! :hehe:
By zurich_allan

:director: Okayyyy oldie, stop this talk - it's depressing! :hehe:

Hah, maybe not. I still keep telling myself that in spite of my nagging doubts and better judgement that I can give it one more serious go to get back into the sort of shape I've not been in for probably around 3 years or so now, and that if I can get back into that shape that I might still be able to stretch out another 3 or 4 years before I wind down that competitive side of me. It's just so hard these days to get into that shape again, not like 10 years ago when I could do it in a matter of weeks. I'm just over 12st just now (171lbs to be exact), and to get into good shape for me I need to drop down to around 155-158lbs). Doesn't sound like a lot to lose, but it isn't easy as I have a naturally very slow metabolism and have to detox and eat a perfect diet to even lose a pound or two a week no matter how much exercise I do.

Will see how I feel in the new year. Maybe I'll update on the birthday thread this time next year and reflect on it all! :)
By zurich_allan
Happy birthday Lew!! :-)
By myownalias
Happy birthday Lew, we'd request that you work less and post more... we miss you here at Forumula1.
By LewEngBridewell
Thanks folks :)

After receiving some kind Facebook messages from EwanM, What's Burning? and myownalias, I figured I may well have some messages in this thread here. You see, I never forget this place! :wink::wink:

Many thanks LRW, sagi58, zurich_allan, Jabberwocky & moyownalias, hope you're all well.

Best wishes to everyone here, will be back posting regularly soon x
By sagi58
... You see, I never forget this place! :wink::wink: ...

...Best wishes to everyone here, will be back posting regularly soon x

And, we never forget you!! :thumbup:
We await your return with baited breath!! :D
By darwin dali
Thanks folks :)

After receiving some kind Facebook messages from EwanM, What's Burning? and myownalias, I figured I may well have some messages in this thread here. You see, I never forget this place! :wink::wink:

Many thanks LRW, sagi58, zurich_allan, Jabberwocky & moyownalias, hope you're all well.

Best wishes to everyone here, will be back posting regularly soon x

Oh honey, belated b-day wishes from me as well - can I make it on your list now, too? :cloud9:
By LewEngBridewell
... You see, I never forget this place! :wink::wink: ...

...Best wishes to everyone here, will be back posting regularly soon x

And, we never forget you!! :thumbup:
We await your return with baited breath!! :D

Thank you! :)

Oh honey, belated b-day wishes from me as well - can I make it on your list now, too? :cloud9:

Of course babes :cloud9:

See our F1 related articles too!