FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By Hammer278
How does FI benefit exactly if Marrussia fails to come back? I don't get it. FI ended in front of Marussia in the WCC 2014, so why would they get extra money if the team doesn't participate?
By racechick
I believe if Marussia don't get their share of the prize money,it's shared amongst other teams. It's about 40 mil.

I've gone off Force India a bit now.
By Hammer278
Ah okay. So FI wanted..... about $5 million bonus? Pay for their catering services for 2015. lol
By sagi58
NOT saying that I agree with their decision; but, in the interest of fairness, this is Force India's stance...

, Jonathan Noble wrote:">Force India: Marussia 2014 Formula 1 car proposal was 'speculative'

Force India has defended its decision to vote against what it has called a "speculative" bid by Marussia to run its 2014 Formula 1 cars this season...

...Force India said it did not back the move.

...Force India's deputy team principal Bob Fernley insists, however, that his team did not support the 2014 car plan because Marussia's application did not appear to have solid foundations.

"The strategy group was faced with an application for Marussia's 2014 cars to compete in the 2015 championship," said Fernley.

"During the meeting it emerged that there were compliance issues and that the application lacked substance.

"Equally, the speculative application submitted contained no supporting documentation to reinforce the case for offering special dispensation.

"For example, no details were supplied of who the new owners would be or the operational structures that would be put in place.

"Given the lack of information, uncertain guarantees, and the speculative nature of the application, the decision was taken that it is better to focus on ensuring the continued participation of the remaining independent teams."...
By 1Lemon
This could really work against f1. If we loose another team then macca, Ferrari and red bull are contractually obliged to run 3 cars. At this rate with this sporting group running things and an increasingly confused bernie, I give f1 5 years.
By CookinFlat6
By a team insider according to the ex Ferrari boss, force India were actually incentivised by Ferrari to block the vote, and Ferrari have a secret deal with the Fom to get 85% of any teams money that is not paid to the team if at least one other team that's not Ferrari object to any special dispensation to allow an "illegal" car - 2014 plus 2015 nose
Last edited by CookinFlat6 on 06 Feb 15, 13:46, edited 1 time in total.
By 1Lemon
According to the ex Ferrari boss, force India were actually incentivised by Ferrari to block the vote, and Ferrari have a secret deal with the Fom to get 85% of any teams money that is not paid to the team if at least one other team that's not Ferrari object to any special dispensation to allow an "illegal" car - 2014 plus 2015 nose

Got a source for that?

Or am I being an arse and missing sarcasm here, I can't tell with f1 anymore.
By 1Lemon
Could you link it?
By Hammer278
According to Bernie, 3-4 teams voted no. But I wonder why FI is singled out and why the other names are remaining quiet.
By racechick
Sounds like an excuse from FI. If the application lacked substance so what? What skin is it off FI's nose?
If Ferrrari are behind it....REALLY? Are they? I'd like to see that source. If they are that's despicable. To pretend to vote yes whilst instructing someone else to vote no. Very bad, poor show! We need Marussia!!!!!!
By Hammer278
Personally I don't really care if they're in or not, since I barely notice their presence during GP weekends anyway. And it would mean 2 less backmarkers for the Mercs to lap during races.

If we lose yet another team, I'd be stoked to see the rest running three cars.

Putting aside my insensitivity...since this is a support thread, RIP to Marrusia and if they can come back in 2016 as a fit competitor it would be cool.
By 1Lemon
According to Bernie, 3-4 teams voted no. But I wonder why FI is singled out and why the other names are remaining quiet.

They were the first team to vote, needed a unanimous decision and so the others didn't need to vote. FI lost the PR Russian roulette if other teams were gonna vote no (as many sources suggest)
By racechick
Well only six teams can vote.

See our F1 related articles too!