FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By sagi58
They are coming back

:clap:

Here's hoping they get some backing and support!! :thumbup:
By racechick
It could still be blocked by other teams who want a share of the 40 mil prize money Marussia were due for finishing 9 th.
By Jabberwocky
Hmm I don't think the top teams would want that as it means they would be 1 step closer to 3 car teams. The bottom teams don't want to be the last on the grid, so they will want to a Marussia/Caterham/Minardi shaped safety net

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
By myownalias
I think that Marussia were due that prize money anyway, as I do believe that a team can miss upto 3 races and still claim their position in the WCC from some reports I read at the end of 2014. Plus I think that Bernie Ecclestone will want Marussia back to keep the grid at 20 cars, to which he is contractually bound to with promoters/circuits.

I'd certainly prefer to have Maraussia over the mess that was Caterham back on the grid.
By racechick
I really hope they make it back. Hers a bit more about it from Autosport. It mentions the bit about the smaller teams wanting the prize money. I'm not sure how strong a claim they'd have though? If Marussia won it and Theyre allowed back surely it's their money?
http://m.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/117584
By CookinFlat6
the prize money for the teams comes out of the pot (apart from ferraris 90mill off the top)
Last edited by CookinFlat6 on 06 Feb 15, 11:07, edited 2 times in total.
By racechick
It's not looking good. Some teams have rejected letting Marussia use the 2014 car. The smaller teams weren't happy at missing out on Marussias commercial rights money. And it's too late for Marussia to build a new chassis.

How selfish and shortsighted of those teams!!

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/117609

Here's a bit more into
http://adamcooperf1.com/2015/02/05/f1-s ... e-old-car/

Stuff is just emerging on Twitter. Speculation that it was FI voted against it.
By myownalias
I have long disliked the way the F1 strategy group works and power assignment is allocated; and this is another example why. If a team has paid their entry dues and are accepted as part of the F1 grid, they should have an equal say in the way the sport is run instead of the "establishment" having all the power to dictate and serve their own interests.

I agree with RC, it's incredibly short sighted and self serving. Additionally F1 is so damn expensive because FOM/FIA are constantly moving the goal posts, making it impossible for all but the top 4 four rich teams to compete. I don't understand the constant need to change sporting/technical regulations. Seriously when was the last time the technical regs didn't change?
By racechick
It was Force India who voted 'no' to the use of the 2014 car, that now looks to be official .The vote has to be unanimous. Some more things in this link about what the strategy group were discussing about rule changes for 2016 and 17 " to spice things up"
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula1/31158612
By CookinFlat6
Seriously when was the last time the technical regs didn't change?

This year and for the next 3 years unless a team with a veto but no technical prowess force changes AGAIN in the hope they can win something again - at least this time it wont be a 'to move from the dark art of aero to return to traditional engine centered regs'
By Jabberwocky
The 2015 cars must be faster than the 2014 cars. So Marussia are going to be further behind so it is not as if they are going to be bothering anyone. Sauber look as if they have got some speed this year so they should not be worried.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
By racechick
This is what Joe Saward said of the rescue attempt before news of the vote was out........

It is very late in the day for a rescue of the old Marussia team. There are any number of hurdles and little hope that the team could do anything this beyond just being there, but the team has earned the money that it can claim and if there is cash to go ahead then F1 should supportive of the effort. Will it be? In real terms, F1 teams tend to be ultimately selfish and if they stand to gain from sharing Marussia’s money between them there is a chance that some will vote against the idea of letting the team fight on. This would be stupid. F1 needs cars and needs to move forward rather than squabbling all the time. The sport must be deemed more important that the individual parts. I see no reason why the FIA or the Formula One group should vote against a revival, and if they do they should expect condemnation. They all have agendas but it is very clear that the sport is pretty broken and needs fixing and not helping the weak is a bad idea.

...........he was spot on. Force India did act selfishly to get a share of the prize money. I've gone of Force India now. I think it was only them. ferrari and Merceds voted to let them race.
I believe they sold off their wined tunnel so have no chance of getting a 2015 spec car ready.

See our F1 related articles too!