FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Just as it says...
Sagi, your pie's a tart. The American one's a pizza, only the UK one's a pie and they go with chips (fries) as well as fish. And you cheated with the toast cos the Canadian one looks like french toast which is a different kettle of fish altogether.

haha... first of all, I love the differences / nuances in language!! Very interesting "misunderstandings"!! :clap:

But, I can't take credit for those pictures!! My only claim to fame is having posted them here!! :thumbup:
If you've got the time/inclination to click through the 21 countries the following pokes fun at,
you'll quickly notice one glaring omission. There are no pictures of tacky costumes worn by an
American contestant and not because that's never happened. Rather, it's easier to dish it out
than it is to take it, unless you're Canadian!! We're just as likely to poke fun at ourselves as
we are to make fun of others!! It's just as easy, eh!! :thumbup:
 wrote:">21 Ridiculous Miss Universe Costumes and What They Taught Us About Their Country

For the record, here's the "why" ... actually, all the "whys" :wink: :
 wrote:">Story behind Miss Universe Canada’s hockey themed outfit

Miss Universe Canada’s hockey-themed costume was made by Toronto-based film and TV costume designer Alex Kavanagh. She tells Global News the story behind the outfit.
Don't need no thread and video, it's pretty simple for me.

Canadians, I like.
Americans, default to dislike, mainly due to 'murica's illegal, immoral, hypocritical and downright sickening actions in other countries but am open to individual cases of there being a few decent 'muricans on the go. Met (in as much as you can meet a voice and gamertag) a couple through the Xbox crew I'm part of that are cool.
Americans, default to dislike, mainly due to 'murica's illegal, immoral, hypocritical and downright sickening actions in other countries

At first I thought you were kidding because you know or at least your gand pappy knows, "Mericans having stormed the beaches of Normandy and all that because the population of London being huddled in fear in the underground stations and such.

Then I realized you really are kidding, because the great British Empire spent the better part of the 17th, 18th and 19th centuries doing some "illegal, immoral, hypocritical and downright sickening actions in other countries" as you so put it. :hehe:
because the great British Empire spent the better part of the 17th, 18th and 19th centuries doing some "illegal, immoral, hypocritical and downright sickening actions in other countries" as you so put it. :hehe:

Hey, most of that stuff was practiced and perfected in our own 'hood before taking it global :yikes:
because the great British Empire spent the better part of the 17th, 18th and 19th centuries doing some "illegal, immoral, hypocritical and downright sickening actions in other countries" as you so put it. :hehe:

Hey, most of that stuff was practiced and perfected in our own 'hood before taking it global :yikes:

Everyone secretly (some not so secretly) loves us too, they try to hate us but secretly they want our babies ;)
Lewis needs to take Nicole on the traditional Sunday roasting circuit before letting her relocate :hehe:

I had visions of them popping into the local Toby Carvery then

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
So many of the defining moments in major sports become an "us vs them" battle!
Even when the teams themselves are made up of players from all over the world.

When asked what the difference was in is pitching, Estrada responds with "the hometown fans"!!
I can finally comment on this after I have traveled to Canada in late August(have not yet to travel to the states though):

Firstly, Americans are usually softies, let's face it, they get offended over the tiniest thing that Europeans would just laugh at. Canadians are more like us Europeans, more laidback.

Canada is more welcoming to different cultures than USA is. Also, Canada is highly populated by Far Eastern immigrants, I met so many Chinese people and tasted their meals.

Canadians definitely are more educated, not even up to debate. Americans would know almost nothing about my country whereas I told my Uber driver that I am from Turkey and he started to make analysis of recent news.

This feels like I trashed Americans a lot but hey I have many internet friends from there. American friends in this site have been cool but when I met more Americans in social media, I realized how problematic most of them were. I guess the negative things I counted here happen because they are a bigger country. Maybe I will have better thoughts about Americans once I visit the country

See our F1 related articles too!