FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By sagi58
Such a heartbreaking way to spend the Christmas season.
Here's hoping things start to look better very soon!
I've been saying that sh!t since Button got that lame 'half win' in 2009....they're starting the race way too late here. Not only do we lose light soon, it's also when the chances of storms are at its highest. Dumbass Bernie trying too hard to help Europeans sleep in a bit while sacrificing the race.
About bloody time Bernie!, :banghead::banghead::banghead:
Hammer is correct, the risk of intense downpours is so much higher with the later start time. And with a strong likelihood of the safety car emerging in wet weather these days, moving it forward again makes sense.
By sagi58
I found this on the Gazzetta dello Sport site. I've translated the bit that's posted there;
but, I wasn't able to find the video on YouTube, nor do I know how to use the embed
code (if there is one here) in order to post the video, so I've posted the link.

Bianchi, new video of the crash

A new video of Jules Bianchi's terrible crash during the Japan Grand Prix at Suzuka has surfaced on the Internet. The footage was posted on Youtube by user Marc Nieto. The car arrives in the area where a vehicle is being removed, hits a tractor and then goes into the wall.

embed code:
<iframe framespacing='0' frameborder='no' scrolling='no' src='http://video.gazzetta.it/video-embed/535fe23e-4d62-11e4-b96f-b9e654d6aef0' width='540' height='340'></iframe>

By sagi58
:(
 wrote:">Jules Bianchi's condition has not improved

Five months after his horror Suzuka crash, Jules Bianchi remains in a coma. That is the claim of the major German daily Bild, even though official news about the health of the talented former Marussia driver had stopped some time ago.

But just a week before the new F1 season begins, the newspaper claims there is actually "no good news" to report from Bianchi's bed in Nice. "Bild has learned that his condition has not improved," the report said.

25-year-old Bianchi was transferred to his native Nice in November, where the drugs to keep him in an artificial coma were ceased. Bild, however, said the Frenchman did not wake up.
Unfortunately I don't believe his condition will ever improve, even if it does, he is unlikely to ever return to F1, which is a massive shame, he was a massive talent! :(
ESPNF1:
Philippe Bianchi admits he is becoming less optimistic about his son Jules recovering from injuries sustained at last year's Japanese Grand Prix and says the situation is putting the family through "daily torture".

Bianchi remains in a coma at a Nice hospital nine months after colliding with a recovery vehicle at Suzuka. The Frenchman, who drove for Marussia last year and was a part of Ferrari's young driver programme, suffered severe brain injuries in the crash and his family remain at his bedside.

"It's unbearable, it's a daily torture," Philippe Bianchi said in an interview with radio station France Info. "We sometimes feel like we're going crazy, because for me, it certainly is more terrible than if he had died. For we're not able to help him more than we can.

"Time goes by and I am now less optimistic than I may have been two or three months after the crash, when we could hope for a better evolution. At some point, you need to be well-grounded and realise how serious the situation is."

Phillippe says seeing his son wake up from the coma would lead to further difficulties as he remembers a conversation the pair had following Michael Schumacher's skiing accident in December 2013.

"If he finds himself with huge disabilities, we're pretty sure it's not at all what Jules would want. We had talked about it. He told us that if he were to have an accident similar to Michael Schumacher's, if he were even just not to be able to drive anymore, it would be very hard for him to accept it. Because it was his life."

Manor sporting director Graeme Lowdon has said the team would not exist without Bianchi, who recorded the team's first-ever points finish at the 2014 Monaco Grand Prix under the Marussia guise, after it returned to the grid this season following a spell in administration. At this year's Monte Carlo race the team created wristbands in his honour.
By sagi58
ESPNF1:
..."It's unbearable, it's a daily torture," Philippe Bianchi said in an interview with radio station France Info. "We sometimes feel like we're going crazy, because for me, it certainly is more terrible than if he had died. For we're not able to help him more than we can."...

My heart breaks at the pain I can sense in his words.
I can't imagine a harder thing for a parent to have to face. :(
You know it is a dire situation when the family are almost wishing he had died.

I would imagine the sad truth is that FOM want him to survive a year and a day.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
You know it is a dire situation when the family are almost wishing he had died.

I would imagine the sad truth is that FOM want him to survive a year and a day.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Because of some sort of statute of limitation? :eek:

See our F1 related articles too!