FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By myownalias
Sadly, it looks like Marussia will not be in Abu Dhabi this weekend.

Marussia abandons last minute attempt to get to Abu Dhabi

Marussia’s last minute attempt to get to the Abu Dhabi GP appears to have failed due to the inevitable financial issues.

Sources in the Abu Dhabi paddock said that the freight would be coming today, and Williams and Caterham were told by FOM to remove equipment that they had stored in the neighbouring garage earmarked for Marussia.

In addition the Ferrari power unit guys assigned to the team were wearing their Marussia shirts today.

However this evening a team member Tweeted: “Once again it’s all over, we tried and failed,” adding the hashtag “Gutted.”

Max Chilton had been linked to the Caterham seat until it became apparent that Marussia was trying to make the trip. It remains to be seen whether he still has a chance of driving the green car. Will Stevens was in the team’s garage today, but he will require superlicence approval.

Source: http://adamcooperf1.com/2014/11/19/maru ... abu-dhabi/
By What's Burning?
What's the total? That's the reason Haas or someone won't come in to buy the team. It's probably cheaper to start from scratch that to assume their debt.
By Jabberwocky
I wonder what the knock on effect is of this? how many of the companies listed there are now themselves going bust because they are not going to get paid?
By sagi58
What's the total?

About 35 million (give or take, thanks to the different currencies used)!
Isn't that about the cost of the engines, in 2014?
By What's Burning?
What's the total?

About 35 million (give or take, thanks to the different currencies used)!
Isn't that about the cost of the engines, in 2014?

Not a Mercedes engine. Ferrari sold them an expensive and slow turd.
By What's Burning?
It's why these types of sales often transpire for a dollar. Where the calculation come for a team like Haas, is it better to buy Marussia and assume their debt, or let then go under and but their equipment for pennies on the dollar. I think Marussia is done since it was reported that they so,d their 2014 and 2015 designs to Haas.
Last edited by What's Burning? on 03 Jan 15, 12:07, edited 1 time in total.
By Jabberwocky
I thought Haas had already bought all the kit for pennies

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
By 1Lemon
http://formulaspy.com/news/formula-1-news/marussia-administration-documents-reveal-extent-debt-9136

What did they buy for £2.36 from Snap On Tools?!?!?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I like how they got something for £2.36 and just didn't pay it.
By sagi58
http://formulaspy.com/news/formula-1-news/marussia-administration-documents-reveal-extent-debt-9136

What did they buy for £2.36 from Snap On Tools?!?!?

A tool that snaps on? :twisted:
By Jabberwocky
I have bought some Snap On tools in the past, and non of them had a price tag anywhere near £2.36 lol

£236 would be closer!
By sagi58
I have bought some Snap On tools in the past, and non of them had a price tag anywhere near £2.36 lol

£236 would be closer!

Maybe they forgot a letter? i.e., £236K or £236M ?
By sagi58
 wrote:">Marussia retains hope as auction gets postponed

Some hope of survival remains for the troubled Marussia F1 Team as an auction of the team's remaining assets has been postponed to a later date, allowing the team to continue searching for investors.

The team's future is still unsure, but the deadline appears to have moved ahead as the auction that was set to take place next Wednesday has been postponed by auctioneer GA European Valuations. No reason for given for the move, nor did the company set a new date...

See our F1 related articles too!