FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Ron Dennis - The best TP in history?

Yes - The facts dont lie
29%
No - Despite the facts, I just feel someone else was better and I can even post who and why
57%
Who cares about facts, I will keep finding other reasons to regard him as a pariah
14%
is on 20% of his previous wage

Do you need a new calculator?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/motors ... again.html

Nope, its creative accounting by the Brit media - His wage has dropped to a very low base like I said with performance stipulations to bring it up to 8 mill. So he will probably take home 8mill if he won every single race next year and polished Rons bell end every Saturday
Most outlets are reporting that it's at least 50% less than his previous salary. Im sure that doesn't bother Button much though, I'm glad he kept his seat as we'll be able to see him head to head with a known constant that is Alonso.
I was sure I had read it was a 50% cut to 8 Million originally, then when I went to look I could only see this one saying to was from 12 to 8. I thought he was on 15 last year, so a 50% cut would be just under 8 like the article says.

Cookie, where did you get the performance related payment part of it? have you got a link?
I was sure I had read it was a 50% cut to 8 Million originally, then when I went to look I could only see this one saying to was from 12 to 8. I thought he was on 15 last year, so a 50% cut would be just under 8 like the article says.

Cookie, where did you get the performance related payment part of it? have you got a link?

http://thejudge13.com/2014/12/11/mclaren-f1-dream-team-assembled/
This smokescreen has proven to have its worth though, Jenson dropped his pants publically in Austin as he declared he would significantly reduce his remuneration demands, to stay with the team from Woking. TJ13 has learned the British driver is guaranteed only around 20% of his previous contractual arrangement, though there is a performance related element which could see him earning similar amounts to those of 2014.

See our F1 related articles too!