FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Ron Dennis - The best TP in history?

Yes - The facts dont lie
29%
No - Despite the facts, I just feel someone else was better and I can even post who and why
57%
Who cares about facts, I will keep finding other reasons to regard him as a pariah
14%
I thought it completed laps on the filming day, it was the post season test it did not work.

awww, Jabs! thanks for bringing some pesky facts and truth into perfect storm :irked:
I thought it completed laps on the filming day, it was the post season test it did not work.

awww, Jabs! thanks for bringing some pesky facts and truth into perfect storm :irked:

You are welcome.
As a Team Principle/Owner who has won the most championships?

Ron

we need a stat man for this type of thing.....

MNM where are you!!!!

done! and even explained in the OP :rolleyes:
Ron is statistically great, but he inherited an already World Championship winning team after merging in a Formula 3 team he owned, whereas a TP like Sir Frank has to be respected in that he set it up from scratch with not much money and was fighting the bailiffs off to become the third most successful team in F1 history.

In terms of management Ron is one of the greatest, he had a vision and made it real, but comparisons have to be made with the early days.
Ron is statistically great, but he inherited an already World Championship winning team after merging in a Formula 3 team he owned, whereas a TP like Sir Frank has to be respected in that he set it up from scratch with not much money and was fighting the bailiffs off to become the third most successful team in F1 history.

In terms of management Ron is one of the greatest, he had a vision and made it real, but comparisons have to be made with the early days.

If best includes how you got started then Frank may have harder time, however if making deals etc is also part of it then you would have to say Rons entry strategy was much better than franks - could say he had luck but the history says those are deals he does. Frank is right though
These next few years could be their last chance at resolving the question for history
Its all relative Lrw, the guy aint perfect - far from it, but as far as the stats and results goes, and measured by achievement per opportunity, then somehow he has managed to create a WDC in 40 out of 100 chances. Enzos hit rate is about half that.
And F1 is about a winning driver. Even in terms of WCCs or total titles he still comes out top. He has pissed off pretty much every single driver he had bar senna and Mika, but Alonso has gone back with a s*** eating grin in place, Button has handed his arse over despite the treatment and is on 20% of his previous wage
And now despite admitting lewis was the chosen one and that he unleashed him on Alonso when lewis was too 'immature' to not rub it in the Spaniards face, and previously saying he has paternal feelings and pride in Lewis - he is happy to rub Lewis' face in it now to make the blackmailer feel better

If we are talking about ruthless aholes vs lovely fellas then theres no need for a poll, but if we are talking about being the best at achieving what TPs traditionally want to achieve

No logical arguments against, but its good to have some members like lemon say someone was better and provide an argument for that, maybe the other 3 are shy, because there may be another metric for measuring best TP that weve missed and that Ron is beaten - Maybe along the lines of Bernie using tp role as stepping stone, like Frank Ross and Ron used mechanic as stepping stone
Last edited by CookinFlat6 on 13 Dec 14, 14:40, edited 1 time in total.
He can't be all that. He tried to bluff Lewis in contract negotiations and lost out big time.

And today wound up paying another guy double what he didn't want to offer Lewis. :hehe:
We do have evidence that Lewis didnt leave because of the money and had already decided to leave or even take a year out - probably like paddy as a result of sacrificing his WDC in an attempt to average out the performance of the teammates. It could also be that Ron wanted Lewis to leave to weaken Frightcrash - we know the Bharainis stepped in and said lewis could have the money in the end.

We know something strange happened there, with Lewis saying 'Rons not my boss' at the time, and the Bharainis personally stepping in to say 'pay the guy the biggest amount on the grid'

The end result of Lewis leaving for Merc was the 2013 after which even the most disturbed shareholder had no choice but to bring Ron back to get medieval on martin b!tcharse

See our F1 related articles too!