Bernie Ecclestone
13%
Lotus
6%
Someone else?
31%
By LRW
Kimi was the same when he got to Lotus.

Seb, Sauber, and was it this year that the fire truck drove around the track?

lol - no that was last year old man - keep up!
I can't decide who to vote for out of the top three. Ferrari, Vettel or Kimi. They were all quite big fails.
How can Vettel be a contender when Kimi is in the same poll? Ends up more than a 100 points behind his teammate in a sh!t car, takes a special sort of skill this one. :hehe:
I can't decide who to vote for out of the top three. Ferrari, Vettel or Kimi. They were all quite big fails.

If I could change my vote I would. I immediately voted for Vettel but in retrospect, I always expected him to struggle under the new regulations, it was the dispartay between he and Ricciardo that was more of a surprise. Ferrari as a team deserves the fail of the year.

- Hiring Kimi who's performance this year would have been matched by any of the F1 rookies.
- Failing to deliver on the same level Mercedes delivered on with their massive chassis/engine advantage while Ferrari wasted their chance.
- Losing Alonso who is one of the two best on the grid.
- Playing musical chairs in their with their TP position.
- Hiring Vettel for an obscene dollar amount after he's proven that he couldn't hack it in this year's Adrian Newey designed car, how's he going to perform in Ferrari's broken calculator wind tunnel tested 2015 car?

How can anyone compete with that body of work for the year's F1 fail award?
This season Mags has scored the same amount as points as Kimi. Now that is a stupendous statistic as it leaves no room for excuses. Cant say Kimi couldnt adapt to a new car - Mag was a rookie adapting to a new car. Cant say the McLaren was better than Ferrari when Alonso nearly outscored both McLaren drivers combined.
Mags will be lucky to keep his seat but has better potential than Button who is out of a seat. Now Button is on a smaller wage than Kimi and they are both on at least 20x that of Mags.
Yet Ferrari have dumped Alonso and kept Kimi on equal wage. With Seb proven unable to quickly adapt to different cars joining the established Kimi, then we would expect Seb to struggle against Kimi at least to start.

Thing is we have come to expect this level of ineptitude from Ferrari, rehiring Kimi was the clue. When Ricc adapts to the new car and whips Seb in races after being matched by JEV in worse cars, anyone with a clue would be snapping JEV up as a replacement for Kimi, even if not instead of Seb. Anyone with a clue would have kept alonso and replaced Kimi with JEV.
Instead Ferrari have gone for Seb who is probably no better than JEV on the basis of 4wdcs that Ricc or JEV would have won, and paying over the odds for history instead of capitalising on the cheapness of the not so lucky JEV. Just doesnt compute

Ferrari - another perfect manifestation of the Mea Culpa triangle
In fairness, I think that Alonso had decided to depart Maranello in 2013 after another failed attempt at a world title, his frustration was clear to see as far back as the middle of 2013, even if he was putting a brave face on it. But yes, Ferrari have disappointed in general, and it seems like Kimi couldn't give two s****.
In fairness, I think that Alonso had decided to depart Maranello in 2013 after another failed attempt at a world title, his frustration was clear to see as far back as the middle of 2013, even if he was putting a brave face on it. But yes, Ferrari have disappointed in general, and it seems like Kimi couldn't give two s****.

Which to me is staggering, that a disillusioned Alonso can still perform to the level he did this year. While we're told to accept Kimi's results because he's coming to grips with this car, wait till next year. :rolleyes: There's a distinct bromance in the F1 community some guys have with Kimi. So many people laugh at anything the guy does while at the same time you can't swing a dead cat without hitting an excuse for every poor result... after all he's funny and he just doesn't care and we love Kimi and good for them.

It's no coincidence that the Kimi lovers tend to be the most vociferous Hamilton h8rz, go figure.
Hmm...I remember when I was a Kimi fan and he was out of the running for 2008, I badly wanted Lewis to get that one instead of Felipe Baby.
I really have never rated Kimi that highly, I get the impression that he is just going through the motions to claim his paycheck, rather than a passionate racer like Hamilton or Alonso. Yes, some of the things he says are amusing, but I always got the impression he is just an arrogant d***.
Bianchi, Hulkenberg, even Kobayashi would have fared better than Kimi this year. Ferrari would disagree with us, but hey what do we know?
Seeing as Mags had more dnfs and car issues than Kimi, chances are high that he would have ourscored him by a big margin at Ferrari. The good thing for Ferrari is that Seb and Kimi are friends and Kimi has said he has nothing to prove next season :yikes:
There will be competition at Ferrari next year, for all the wrong reasons! I just twigged that the three options I can't decide between for biggest fail, will all reside under a red roof in 2015 :yikes:
By LRW
I really have never rated Kimi that highly, I get the impression that he is just going through the motions to claim his paycheck, rather than a passionate racer like Hamilton or Alonso. Yes, some of the things he says are amusing, but I always got the impression he is just an arrogant d***.

I would say its more a case of......

Some of the things he says are "look at me look at me", but its obvious he is just an arrogant d***
By sagi58
In fairness, I think that Alonso had decided to depart Maranello in 2013 after another failed attempt at a world title, his frustration was clear to see as far back as the middle of 2013, even if he was putting a brave face on it.

tsk tsk... don't bother with the truth. It doesn't fit into the conversation where everything Ferrari does is wrong! :thumbup:
By LRW
Sagi. Seriuously. STOP with the "poor me everyone hates Ferrari" card.

Its even more boring now than a "Cookin's-setting-the-world-(or-forum)-to-right" posts.

See our F1 related articles too!