No votes
0%
Daniil Kvyat
No votes
0%
Someone else?
No votes
0%
Weeeell. I voted for Lewis in this thread for an easy reason, because he was the best driver. :thumbup: Ricciardo was also very very good ,I put him second . But everyone thinks he's amazing because he blew Vettel away; he was amazing, but not because he blew Vettel away, lots of us knew Vettel was nothing special,so blowing him away wasn't amazing. Getting the only wins that MERC dropped WAS special! Lewis blew Rosberg away 11to 5, but because he's always expected to blow people away he didnt get the credit he deserves. And especially because he's in the best car. Vettel was a legend in a two second car, but Lewis just did what was expected. It's tough being so much better than the rest!!
Weeeell. I voted for Lewis in this thread for an easy reason, because he was the best driver. :thumbup: Ricciardo was also very very good ,I put him second . But everyone thinks he's amazing because he blew Vettel away; he was amazing, but not because he blew Vettel away, lots of us knew Vettel was nothing special,so blowing him away wasn't amazing. Getting the only wins that MERC dropped WAS special! Lewis blew Rosberg away 11to 5, but because he's always expected to blow people away he didnt get the credit he deserves. And especially because he's in the best car. Vettel was a legend in a two second car, but Lewis just did what was expected. It's tough being so much better than the rest!!

It's a burden I don't mind living with RC, it's funny to read all of those comments about people impressed year after year with Vettel's domination and flawlessly executed double digit win years, but like I said, we expect more from Lewis because we know what he can do. I'd much rather maintain my high standards than root for drivers I'd have to maintain double standards for.
It's hard for me to vote for any driver who had the best package by some measure all season long, as Vettel proved, it's easy to win in dominant car, Rosberg was not really a challenge for Hamilton, Lewis beat Nico nearly every time they were on an even footing, Hamilton's failures, fires and spins are the only reasons Rosberg was still in it in Abu Dhabi. I would have loved to have seen Ricciardo and Hamilton at Mercedes this season as clearly they were the best two drivers in 2014.
:confused: Who voted for Bottas? Lemon...

HEY NOW..... Maybe.
What's easier?

Arriving in a new team with a 4X WDC teammate to beat, and find out with pleasant surprise that he ain't that good after all and just do what you do best throughout the season.

OR

Starting your 2nd year in a newish team, fighting for WDC glory with a teammate who cheats and punts you off the race, not to mention suffer more reliability issues putting you in a tough spot time and time again, only to keep rising back up and win it in the end...

Well I just voted. :hehe:
Officially, Lewis Hamilton is the best driver because he scored more points than any other driver and claimed the 2014 world drivers title. Some will say that Alonso is the best because he managed to score so many points in a terrible car, others will say that Ricciardo is best because he scored three wins against a dominant Mercedes team, albeit because Mercedes dropped the ball. Anything when it comes to opinions is going to be subjective, I personally think Ricciardo was best because he started his second full season in the third best car and finished in third place overall, Lewis is a veteran in the best car, we expect him to win!
Kindov hard to penalise him because he's so good we expect him to win. But it all comes down to subjectivity.

A veteran he may be .. But still he rises :wink:
The huge amount of presure Lewis had to overcome in the last race alone was enough. Ricc had no pressure - he was smiling all season, so it was easy peasy for him. We were told by the expertz what a mountain Lewis had to climb in that final race, much harder job than Nico who had no pressure. Considering the last lap way he won his last WDC and all the mistakes he made losing it in 2007, like wearing his tyres down before deciding to pit etc
Add his famous emotionality and his fragile metal consitution, the mental weakness, the lack of focus, the star gf, the dogs, the afro, the dad, the pop manager, the no manager, the dad manager

To overcome all that deficit by having the best F1 start ever recorded and dusting the other guy by the first corner

Theres your driver of the season in that moment of the season
To overcome all that deficit by having the best F1 start ever recorded and dusting the other guy by the first corner. Theres your driver of the season in that moment of the season

You're not even mentioning the important part... And why Lewis is the guy we've always supported. He didn't have to, he could have stayed safely tucked in behind Nico. He could have had a convenient race ending shunt for both Silver Arrows at turn one with cold brakes. But, he went for the win as he always does.

EDIT: was on my iPad before and couldn't type the rest of this thought.

In 2011 when Vettel was running away with his first unchallenged season, and Lewis was going through quite a bit of personal turmoil. It's the year always touted as Button's greatest accomplishment. Sometimes I think a greater accomplishment than actually winning the 2009 WDC. He beat Lewis Hamilton. How he beat Lewis Hamilton is not delved into however. Lewis had more retirements that year, ironically one of which was Jenson bumping him off in Canada to go on for the win and the most memorable race of his career. Lewis was the bumper car target for everyone that year, from Massa to Maldonado. It was Jenson's greatest result to come in 2nd. But it was an embarrassment of a year for everyone with Red Bull's first overwhelmingly dominant season. Lewis was going for the win, not to finish high up and score more points and be the first loser, but to win. I guess that's why he's a polarizing figure, he was laughed at that season by some members here for being reckless and throwing points away, but I guess that's how it goes, if you don't get it, you don't get it. So I'm glad that Lewis did what he said he'd do, he'd show up Sunday and do what he always did, try and win.
To overcome all that deficit by having the best F1 start ever recorded and dusting the other guy by the first corner. Theres your driver of the season in that moment of the season

You're not even mentioning the important part... And why Lewis is the guy we've always supported. He didn't have to, he could have stayed safely tucked in behind Nico. He could have had a convenient race ending shunt for both Silver Arrows at turn one with cold brakes. But, he went for the win as he always does.

In 2011 when Vettel was running away with his first unchallenged season, and Lewis was going through quite a bit of personal turmoil. It's the year always touted as Button's greatest accomplishment. Sometimes I think a greater accomplishment than actually winning the 2009 WDC. He beat Lewis Hamilton. How he beat Lewis Hamilton is not delved into however.Lewis had more retirements that year, ironically one of which was Jenson bumping him off in Canada to go on for the win and the most memorable race of his career. Lewis was the bumper car target for everyone that year, from Massa to Maldonado. It was Jenson's greatest result to come in 2nd. But it was an embarrassment of a year for everyone with Red Bull's first overwhelmingly dominant season. Lewis was going for the win, not to finish high up and score more points and be the first loser, but to win. I guess that's why he's a polarizing figure, he was laughed at that season by some members here for being reckless and throwing points away, but I guess that's how it goes, if you don't get it, you don't get it. So I'm glad that Lewis did what he said he'd do, he'd show up Sunday and do what he always did, try and win.

Probably one of the most well written paragraphs summarizing Lewis' worst ever F1 season and Lewis as a driver. Truth!! :thumbup:
Very true, he did exactly the same thing to his reigning 2xWDC teammate, in the first corner of his first ever race in an F1 car - thats the definition of a guy who never lets his fans down. And to think all the expertz said he wouldnt be smart enough to settle for the second place - right after they said settling for the second place would be very hard and bring pressure. They all said this would be the first time he doesnt go for the win because the pressure of the final race would overcome the lack of smartness to not settle for the second place. It was all a bit confusing, luckily his followers know whats what

The h8rz can concentrate on working out how much he got paid per point scored and look excitedly forward to when Merc do a Google search to find the same info and decide that Lewis should be deducted some pocket money for a whole day :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Thing is to anyone who understands F1 even 2011 did not have Lewis beaten on track, he was faster, finished ahead when both finished, faster in quali etc etc

we know Massa was tasked with ruining the races of Alonsos rivals that season - we have proof

Lewis did much much better ontrack against Button in 2011 than Seb did against Ricc this year, but the same ones to forgive SEB 'just an off year' would have you know that outpointing your teammate is the end all an be all

Just as well for Button that Ron is one who appreciates this fact :hehe:

In 2011 when Vettel was running away with his first unchallenged season, and Lewis was going through quite a bit of personal turmoil. It's the year always touted as Button's greatest accomplishment. Sometimes I think a greater accomplishment than actually winning the 2009 WDC. He beat Lewis Hamilton. How he beat Lewis Hamilton is not delved into however.Lewis had more retirements that year, ironically one of which was Jenson bumping him off in Canada to go on for the win and the most memorable race of his career. Lewis was the bumper car target for everyone that year, from Massa to Maldonado. It was Jenson's greatest result to come in 2nd. But it was an embarrassment of a year for everyone with Red Bull's first overwhelmingly dominant season. Lewis was going for the win, not to finish high up and score more points and be the first loser, but to win. I guess that's why he's a polarizing figure, he was laughed at that season by some members here for being reckless and throwing points away, but I guess that's how it goes, if you don't get it, you don't get it. So I'm glad that Lewis did what he said he'd do, he'd show up Sunday and do what he always did, try and win.

Probably one of the most well written paragraphs summarizing Lewis' worst ever F1 season and Lewis as a driver. Truth!! :thumbup:

:yes: It's Lewis. It's why he's so special and it's why his fans adore him. 'Win and lose together' and 'you'll never walk alone' , aren't just empty words. His fans stick with him through thick and thin and he repays his fans times over.

See our F1 related articles too!