FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By LRW
Technically by 2020 would mean 6 seasons. Do you mean that before the 2020 season he will already have won a championship? If you'd like to save face, I'd not scoff if you made the siggy start in 2013 and made it 7 years or 8 depending on how you count it, then your old signature would have evolved some into this new one as opposed to us having to declare your old signature null and void.

Technically.

Anyway, congratulations to Valteri on a solid performance, with the consistency worthy of a Finn! :clap:

Well by 2020, and this year is already over so it's only 5.

2015, 2016,2017,2018,2019,2020. I count six seasons. No wonder you're not so good at predictions, there's a 20% unnecessary margin of error right there and you haven't even officially started yet.

he said BY 2020. Which in my book means before. So I count 5.
Technically by 2020 would mean 6 seasons. Do you mean that before the 2020 season he will already have won a championship? If you'd like to save face, I'd not scoff if you made the siggy start in 2013 and made it 7 years or 8 depending on how you count it, then your old signature would have evolved some into this new one as opposed to us having to declare your old signature null and void.

Technically.

Anyway, congratulations to Valteri on a solid performance, with the consistency worthy of a Finn! :clap:

Well by 2020, and this year is already over so it's only 5.

2015, 2016,2017,2018,2019,2020. I count six seasons. No wonder you're not so good at predictions, there's a 20% unnecessary margin of error right there and you haven't even officially started yet.

he said BY 2020. Which in my book means before. So I count 5.

You got it!
It's settled then! Psssst... I'm secretly hoping for you to be right.

No need for hope my son, just patience.

By 2020 I'm close to retirement... I don't have that much time left for patience so can he get it done in the next three years instead?

By 2020 I'm close to retirement... I don't have that much time left for patience so can he get it done in the next three years instead?

I'll have a word with him.
Oh so Hamilton will only be a 6x WDC, and then comes Bottas in 2018.

I guess I could live with that....but I'd prefer Lewis on 7 by 2020. :hehe:
Oh so Hamilton will only be a 6x WDC, and then comes Bottas in 2018.

I guess I could live with that....but I'd prefer Lewis on 7 by 2020. :hehe:

Even I think that would get boring.
Oh Valtteri topping the timesheets currently, how long before Lemony come on to make one of his bold predictions? I think this year he may actually be right. It's looking good for Williams, head down, nose to the grindstone, no flash, just business.
Yeah, Williams might be in for a hell of a year. Looking to be clear 2nd best since Day 1.
 wrote:">Bottas eyes first win in 2015

Valtteri Bottas says he is ready to win races this year after learning from his first season fighting at the front in 2014.

Bottas finished fourth in the drivers' championship and scored six podiums in the Williams FW36. The early signs in testing suggest Williams will be competitive again in 2015 and if the gap narrows to Mercedes, Bottas thinks he can be in with a chance of securing his first win.

"I really hope so and I'm ready for it," he said. "If we can have a quick car and Mercedes is not as far ahead as the timesheets are showing [in testing], then I hope so. I know that I'm a better driver than last year, I'm more ready personally and as a team we have improved a lot. If we have a quick enough car we can do it and there will be 20 opportunities to try and do that."

Bottas got a kick out of proving his talent to the rest of the field last season.

"I never doubted it, but it was nice to prove that with a good car I could be there at the top fighting for wins. It was really nice to see and now I have 38 races - it's still not a lot, but from every race I have learned something. Last year I learned a lot from every single race and I always aim to be better at the next race than I was at the previous one, and that's why I think I will be better. I'm more experienced and I also feel really good in the team with a good group and good engineers, so I'm looking forward to it."
Check this out:

wrote:">'Bottas signs preliminary contract with Ferrari'

Rumours in Italy suggest Valtteri Bottas's formula one future is coloured in red. Former double world champion Mika Hakkinen, now involved in the management of the Williams driver's career, said this week that if he was the decision-maker at Ferrari, he is not sure he would retain Kimi Raikkonen.

On the other hand, "Valtteri showed how well he can handle the pressure" as he raced Sebastian Vettel in Bahrain, Hakkinen told his sponsor Hermes in an interview. "It was exactly the sort of strong nerves that drivers need in the fight for world championships," he insisted.

Media sources now suggest that Bottas may have already penned a preliminary contract with Maranello based Ferrari. The rumours also indicate that the forthcoming F1 entrant Haas, which is being widely referred to as a Ferrari 'B team', could house Raikkonen next year, as the Finn is pushing for the 2016 'option' in his contract to be signed.

Finally, the rumours suggest Williams would fill the seat vacated by Bottas with Pascal Wehrlein, who is engine supplier Mercedes' reserve driver. To accommodate the Bottas-Wehrlein movement, Mercedes may be prepared to discount the fee paid for its engines by Williams, who recorded a $50 million financial loss in 2014.

And, the very next day:

wrote:">Source denies Bottas has signed Ferrari agreement

A Finnish media source has hit back at rumours Valtteri Bottas is closing on a switch to Ferrari. Italian sources this week reported that the Williams driver could replace fellow Finn Kimi Raikkonen at Ferrari next year, and may even have already signed a pre-agreement.

But Oskari Saari, a well-connected commentator for Finnish television MTV3, said he believes the rumours are not true, "and I have pretty good sources on this issue". "Williams has an option on Bottas for next season, and basically it would prohibit any such preliminary agreement (with another team)," he explained.

"Of course people always go behind backs, but I understand he denies making any other commitments before the team (Williams) has made a decision to use the option or not," Saari continued.

However, he said a Ferrari switch for Bottas cannot be completely ruled out, despite the fact he is managed by the Mercedes team boss Toto Wolff. "Ferrari has an option on Kimi Raikkonen," said Saari, "so if they do not want to proceed with Kimi, they will look at the next-best options and Valtteri is definitely among them. But at this stage, to my knowledge there have not been any agreements signed."

I was worried for a second there.

Please Bottas, any team but Ferrari!
I was worried for a second there.

Please Bottas, any team but Ferrari!

I wouldn't mind - he's a cool customer on and off track and worthy of replacing an aging Kimi :)

See our F1 related articles too!