FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss GP2, A1, Rallying, Indycar, Nascar and all other racing series!
By racechick
I've just watched the second formula E race. Very exciting! really enjoyed it!
By stonemonkey
Forgot that was on, might see if i can catch it on itv player later
By zurich_allan

Bruno - what a numpty!!
By racechick

Bruno - what a numpty!!

I know. Doh! He was gunning it for third place. Mind you there were a few crashes and clashes the cars looked quite skittish. Natalie leg was running fifth early on but lost the rear end when she lined up an overtake for fourth. Tyres were cold I tnink.
By zurich_allan
Yeah, all of the cars looked very tricky on the handling front to be fair, and the bumpy nature of the street circuit wouldn't help. When you combine that with the fact that the track is surrounded by concrete walls meaning that the marbles remain in a concentrated area close to the racing lines, it's a recipe for sideways action, and loads of the cars seemed to slide throughout the race.

Kudos to Senna for pushing right to the last lap, but to throw away 4th place as he did, he must have wanted to bang his own head against a wall when he got back to the garage.

A shame that Trulli took out Piquet Jnr too, I actually think Piquet was on for a podium.
By gdh
A few of us just watched the 2nd race and found it entertaining. The swapping of cars was interesting to watch. With the closeness of the concrete walls, sliding due to marbles and bumpy roads it reminded us of watching the Toronto Indy. Looking fwd to race # 3 in a few weeks.
By racechick
:yes: I'm impressed with this series. Once you look beyond the weird sound...and it is weird with these cars....the racing is very good.
By racechick
Ang! Just put it on!! Cmon JEV!
By racechick
Oh NO!!!!
By 1Lemon
Oh man feel bad for Jev today!
By Jabberwocky
As someone said on Facebook

JEV deserves better than driving a milk float.

I don't agree the cars are a milk float but the comparison amused me.
By zurich_allan
Special mention for Senna, back of the grid to 6th at the flag. JEV was so unlucky. Another great race overall. :)
By gdh
Was disappointed that the race wasn't shown on tv here and the websites access to Canada were blocked. Hopefully will be able to view race #4.
By 1Lemon
So far all the races in Formula E have been top notch and very exciting, thumbs up for Alejandro Agag, a modern version of Bernie who has a damn sight more vision that just making himself loads of cash!

See our F1 related articles too!