FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

It's official, Alonso has left for pastures less red!
:yikes:

I did NOT see that coming!! Big news!

;)

I know right, best kept secret in F1.
Quite a few comments from Alonso here, hard to tell what's real and what's F1 politics between the lines. He feels Ferrari will be very strong next year which is encouraging but it wasn't enough to keep him engaged as a driver. Very interdasting.

ESPNF1 Fernando Alonso says Ferrari should be favourites to win the championship every year due to the talent it has at its disposal.

Alonso is on his way out of Ferrari after five years without a title and is expected to be unveiled by McLaren next month. Sebastian Vettel is taking his place in 2015 and Alonso believes the team has the talent to return to the top of the sport after its first winless campaign since 1993.

When asked if he had any advice for Ferrari now he was leaving, Alonso replied: "From the outside now it will be difficult to judge [performance]. What we missed in these five years was more performance in the car and some more technical resources, let's say. We've not been at the top level in some aspects of the car; some of the aerodynamics at the beginning and the power unit now.

"They have talented people and resources, there's motivation in the team and in time they will win. Next year they will be favourites because every year they must be, everyone expects them to win in Formula One. It's what we've seen on television throughout the history of Formula One and next year they will be very strong."

Alonso's team-mate Kimi Raikkonen struggled on his return to Ferrari, mainly with the lack of front-end grip available with the Ferrari F14 T. Though he does not think the poor 2014 campaign was down to one issue Alonso says this issue was one of the worst.

"When you are far behind like we were this year it's because you are missing many things, not just one. The front end was probably the most difficult."
That's very bizzare from Alonso. I don't know what he's trying to say there.
Alonso is taking the piss while trying to stay within the forum rules :D

Next year they will be favourites because every year they must be

"We don't have to pretend that we can match Mercedes next year," he told German newspaper Die Welt.

"I am aware that we face a big task at Ferrari which requires some time, especially at a time in which Mercedes have a huge competitive edge.

This is why the ferrari lounge was popular with certain members last year - the need to pretend in private, away from the derision of people like Alonso and Seb

"We don't have to pretend that we can match Mercedes next year," he told German newspaper Die Welt.

"I am aware that we face a big task at Ferrari which requires some time, especially at a time in which Mercedes have a huge competitive edge.

This is why the ferrari lounge was popular with certain members last year - the need to pretend in private, away from the derision of people like Alonso and Seb

Taking comments out of context as you're prone to do, doesn't speak to what the intention was.
Ferrari has a very long history in the sport and they will be fan favourites, regardless.
Just curious, those of you who have been standing behind Hamilton through thick and thin believe
you should be commended. How is that different from Ferrari fans doing the same thing?

p.s. exactly how is it that you know what's being discussed in the Mia Scuderia Lounge?
I think Alonso is saying that the team is very clever just they need to get all their ducks in a row. I just watched the Sky end of season report and Pat Symonds said that Williams was the same when he got there. all very clever people, just no clear focus on where to go.
By LRW
I think Alonso is saying that the team is very clever just they need to get all their ducks in a row. I just watched the Sky end of season report and Pat Symonds said that Williams was the same when he got there. all very clever people, just no clear focus on where to go.

:yikes: Button is going to drive for Ferrari ??

;)

Chuckle.

Taking comments out of context as you're prone to do, doesn't speak to what the intention was.
Ferrari has a very long history in the sport and they will be fan favourites, regardless.
Just curious, those of you who have been standing behind Hamilton through thick and thin believe
you should be commended. How is that different from Ferrari fans doing the same thing?

p.s. exactly how is it that you know what's being discussed in the Mia Scuderia Lounge?

Sagi, you just don't get what sports are about, you and the other 4 don't get the competition aspect, the part about winners and losers

You don't even understand what a favourite is in sporting terms

Sagi, favourite for the win is not the same as your favourite perfume or your favourite pop star, it's the one most favoured with the chance of winning. Sports is not about pretending all is ok and your team will win the next race when they have come last for the previous 10 races - you gotta have logic, facts, info, data - not just blind passion and put downs tat are not witty cues they have no foundation in reality

You guys need to try to understand sports better - this unfreeze stuff for example - it's like stopping in the middle of a marathon to complain that you didn't have enough time to get fit and you want to change the rules to allow all unfit slobs to take a taxi and for the Kenyan chaps at the front to pay for the taxi :rolleyes:

You lot are a joke :thumbdown:
Sagi, you just don't get what sports are about, you and the other 4 don't get the competition aspect, the part about winners and losers

I don't get the competition aspect? This coming from you who is thrilled that the only competition Hamilton had was his teammate? How is that even competition?

You don't even understand what a favourite is in sporting terms

I believe you're referring to betting terms; because the phrase "fan favourite"
refers to the driver/team the fans favour, not the bookies.

...Sports is not about pretending all is ok and your team will win the next race when they have come last for the previous 10 races - you gotta have logic, facts, info, data - not just blind passion and put downs tat are not witty cues they have no foundation in reality

I'm going to assume you are referring to the Pool we have going here. I was very
clear that out of loyalty to my team, I was going to go with Alonso and Kimi.
It's not vital to my ego, let alone my existence to win that competiton. I don't bet.
It's that simple. I made my picks as I wished, without insulting your need to win.

...You guys need to try to understand sports better - this unfreeze stuff for example - it's like stopping in the middle of a marathon to complain that you didn't have enough time to get fit and you want to change the rules...

The race ended. A new race will begin, soon enough.
The rules can be amended. F1 will not end if they are.
Mercedes will likely still be in front, so what's with the fear?

...You lot are a joke :thumbdown:

My sentiments exactly!! :wink:

See our F1 related articles too!